Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
The Joshua Generation - Walking Out of the Day of Miracles
Walking Out Of The Day Of Miracles
Iím leaving the day of miracles. Iím walking away from the day of miracles. Iíve had enough of it and Iím leaving it behind me! Do you want to come?
1) Now after the death of Moses the servant of the Lord it came to pass, that the Lord spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Mosesí minister (slave) saying,
2) Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel.
3) Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.
4) From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast.
5) There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
6) Be strong and of a good courage:...
This is the most exciting time in Church history. God is calling HIS church to "arise"...to do battle... and to march forward victoriously! The Joshua Generation was a type and foreshadow of the modern church. They were the remnant of the Jews that had come out of "bondage" in Egypt. They were the generation that was able to look forward to the "Promise" of GOD without bringing up the bondages and memories of the past!
In Genesis we see GOD choosing men.
In Exodus we see GOD redeeming men.
In Leviticus we see GOD calling men.
In Numbers we see GOD speaking to men.
In Deuteronomy we see GOD commanding men.
And In Joshua we see GOD conquering through men!
In verse 2 GOD tells Joshua that "Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over..."
GOD first lets Joshua know that their "deliver" from the land of bondage is dead and that now it is time to leave their sin behind them and "arise"!
It is time to leave behind the "promise" and to receive! It is time to "go over" and get what HE has "given" them! Itís time to get from where they are; itís time to leave their past behind, get out of their childish existence and into the new life GOD has for them. Itís time to leave their old way of doing things behind and move on.
Itís time to leave the day of miracles behind! The day where GOD placed a miracle in front of them to lead them where HE wanted them to go.
In verse three we see that GOD is telling Joshua it is time! Time to move from living on a promise and time to move into possess that which "I (have) given unto you"!
In Numbers 14:6-9, Joshua and Caleb were the only two of twelve to come back from spying in the promised land with a belief that in GOD they could take the land! Now, they were the only two old enough to know of the hard times in bondage in Egypt and still believe that their GOD was delivering them through it! They were also the only two to look past their circumstances and see their future!
Because of this belief, for the next 40 years they would become the first, Youth Pastors of the future of Israel! They would be held responsible to lead, shape and impress upon the next generation that GOD was for them and that with HIM they could do anything and conquer any adversary!
If you asked, most of these youth would not really
- Call of the Disciples
- All Sermons on Call of the Disciples
- Text Illustrations on Call of the Disciples
- Video Illustrations on Call of the Disciples
- PowerPoint Template on Call of the Disciples
- Scripture on Call of the Disciples
Join the discussion