Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
The kingdom of God is principle based. The blessings of God are kept a secret from everybody. They are concealed and it takes people with insight to find them out.
“For unto you it is given to know the secrets of the kingdom of God” Luke 8:10
“It is the glory of God to conceal a thing, the honour of men to search it out” Proverb 25:2
Greatness, as one of the blessings of God, is unlocked by divine principles. These principles are like keys that open doors. When you are without a key, success becomes a thing of struggle. A key-less man is an hopeless man. May the Lord grant you insight today as you read this piece in Jesus Name.
To be great means to be outstanding in whatever one does. It means to be successful, prosperous. But the greatest definition I have found for the word greatness is, ‘a life of blessing’. Any man that is great is a man whose life is blessing people everyday. A man that gives joy and succor to others.
Greatness is not purely a measure of the savings of a man but how much the man has invested into the lives of others. A giving life is a great life. Success is not a product of accident. It does not happen by chance. It is never inherited. Leave a great wealth for a man that does not how to succeed and see him reduce it to zero. Greatness is not a promise but a covenant. Men walk their ways into it consciously. Since it is a covenant, one must learn how to activate it.
The following are the catalysts that activate the covenant of greatness:
1. OBEDIENCE: Obedience simply means submitting oneself to the authority of another. We must learn to submit ourselves to the authority of God to have the covenant of greatness activated unto us. God is all knowing and He has a thought He thinks concerning you. Check it out in Jeremiah 29:11. He says there, ‘I know the thoughts I think towards you, the thought of peace and not of evil. The thought to give you a hope and a future’. Listen, it doesn’t matter what may be happening around your life, you have a future in God. That future is a very bright one. God thinks about your prosperity everyday. But the key to having that prosperity is Obedience. In Isaiah 1:19, God said, ’If you will only obey me, and allow me to help you, then you will have plenty to eat(NLT). A man that will be great in life must learn to obey God. If you chose to disobey God, you have also denied yourself of His help for He cannot help disobedient people.
2. DILIGENCE: By diligence we mean hard work. Gone are the days when people folded their hands and prayed God to send them manna and He did. That stopped in the wilderness. The policy has been modified. It is now ‘he that will not work should not eat’. Your hands has been given to you by God to work with. When you learn to use your hands to work, it brings you into the corridor of power. It is written, ‘seeth thou a man diligent in his business, he shall stand before kings and shall not stand before mean men (Proverb 22:29)’. God hates idle hands and finds it difficult to bless them. The best God can do for the lazy hand is to help it get poorer. No matter how much you know to pray, you’ve got to learn how to work with your hands to walk into greatness.
3. STUDY: Nothing can take the place of knowledge. No man can ever rise beyond the level of his knowledge. What you know is who you are. Show me a man that is
- God the Father
- All Sermons on God the Father
- Text Illustrations on God the Father
- Video Illustrations on God the Father
- PowerPoint Template on God the Father
- Scripture on God the Father
- Related Sermons
- Sermons related to 3 John 1:2-1:2
- All sermons from peter balogun
- Sermons on The key people
Join the discussion