Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
A. THE BIBLE IS CALLED
1. "The book of the Lord": Isa. 34:16
2. "The scripture of truth": Dan. 10:21
3. "The holy scriptures": Rom. 1:2; 2 Tim. 3:15
4. "The lively oracles": Acts 7:38
5. "The gospel of God": Rom. 1:1-3
B. EVIDENCE OF THE DIVINE ORIGIN OF THE BIBLE
1. Its fulfilled predictions put the stamp of divinity upon its pages:
a. Godís challenge to the doubter - Isa. 41:22-26; Dan. 7:1-17
b. The spade in the field of science confirms its claims to truth - Isa. 29:4
2. The accuracy and truthfulness of its message attest to its divine nature:
a. Its record of creation is incomparable - Gen. 1:2; Ps. 19:1-6; 111:1-4
b. The Bible story of the flood is still another witness for the divine origin of the Bible - Gen. 6:7, 8; Luke 17:26,27; 2 Pet. 3:1-5
c. The story of our Lord, His birthplace, add greatly to the verification of the Bible - Isa. 7:14; Matt. 1:23; Mi. 5:2; Isa. 53:1-12
3. Its singular unity:
a. It was written by priests, prophets, shepherds, and fishermen; yet it is one single unit from start to finish.
b. What is so remarkable, in most instances, is that the writers of the books of the Bible had no contact with each other, could not compare notes, yet their message is the same throughout.
c. There are no other compilations of records of sixty-six books that are as harmonious as the sixty-six books of the Bible - Isa. 34:16
4. Finally, its moral sublimity is irrefutable proof that God is its
a. It gives the most elevated concept of God; this in sharp contrast to the Pagan deities - Ex. 34:6; 1 John 4:16; Matt. 6:9
b. That is true, also, of man - Gen. 1:26-29; Eccl. 7:29; Ps. 8:4-11
c. It teaches the highest concept of morality -
(1) The golden rule - Matt. 7:12
(2) The Ten Commandments - Ex. 20:3-17
(3) The Sermon on the Mount - Matt. 5:1-48
(4) Paulís writing - Phil. 4:8
C. BEST OF ALL, IF THAT IS POSSIBLE
1. Its elevating influence upon mankind:
a. It uplifts and enables as nothing else can - Heb. 4:12; Ps. 1:1-6; Acts 19:18-20
b. It holds out to the believers the most glorious promise of the future - 2 Pet. 1:19-21; 3:1-13; Rev. 21:22
2. The Bible has stood the test of the ages:
a. The enemies of the Bible predicted its doom over and over, and yet it is the most wanted and most bought book of all books sold.
b. It has been burned by the millions, yet it multiplied in increasing numbers.
c. It is the most revered book of all the books read by intelligent persons.
d. Empires have come and gone, yet the Bible which foretold their rise and fall still lives.
e. It is at one and the same time the most ancient and also the most modern book to be read by modern man.
3. Let me repeat, reverently:
a. No other book has influenced the hearts and the lives of people as has the Bible - 2 Tim. 3:15-17
b. Its very name is revered by Christians, Jews, and even by Pagans.
c. I have often asked the question "What would my life be or have been if it
- Bible: Influence
- All Sermons on Bible: Influence
- Text Illustrations on Bible: Influence
- Video Illustrations on Bible: Influence
- PowerPoint Template on Bible: Influence
- Scripture on Bible: Influence
Join the discussion