II. He died to redeem us.
A. His coming didn’t redeem us. He had to die.
B. The Sacrificial lamb.
C. Redemption is a financial term, which means that Christ paid the wages that Satan had me locked up on, that freed me.
D. “Ye were not redeemed with corruptible things…”
1. Because He died to redeem me, you have a terrible time convincing me that I’m worthless.
2. My Net Worth can not be calculated by my possession.
E. Let the Redeemed of the Lord Say So.
F. I’m redeemed; past tense…it is finished.
III. He lives to represent us.
A. Hebrews 7:25 … he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
B. He continues to occupy the office of High Priest so He can intercede on my behalf and represent me in the portals of Glory.
C. I’ve got a Man on the inside of the Board Room of Heaven that represents me.
D. He is in Heaven that which my Congressman is supposed to be in Congress.
1. He represents my interests and my affairs.
2. Many times, hell would have destroyed me, but I had a man on the inside pleading my case.
3. Every time the devil brings accusations against me, Jesus defends me in Heaven.
E. If you ever got a break through and couldn’t even figure out what happened. It was because there was a man in glory that was pleading your case.
1. The enemy didn’t destroy you.
2. The car wreck didn’t kill you.
3. The disease didn’t eat you up.
4. The witch couldn’t hex you.
5. You Had A Man Up Stairs.
IV. “The Man Up Stairs”
A. Humanity Created in the image of God.
1. Marred by sin.
2. Lost godliness, took on ungodliness.
3. When we fell, we lost our likeness and kinship with God, our relativity and our relationship.
4. We fell so low that we couldn’t ever get back up to God.
5. So God came down to us. He said, “Since you can’t come up to being like me, I’ll come down to being like you.”
a. He came down, through 42 generations.
b. He came down, through the oracles of time.
c. He came down, through the mouth of the prophets
d. He came down, through the tabernacles and the temples.
e. He came down and found a virgin named Mary.
f. He came down and wrapped Himself in a garment of flesh, in the form of a servant.
g. He said, “Since you couldn’t be like God, I’ll be like man. I’ll become flesh.”
1) In the beginning was the word…and the word was made flesh.
h. I’m saved, and the devil can’t mess with my soul.
i. He became man for us, so He could represent us as our High Priest.
1) But the problem with being a High Priest is that every High Priest must have an offering.
2) Christ was the only High Priest who went into the Holy Of Holies without another animal.
3) He went in by Himself, With Himself.
4) He was the offerer, and the offering.
5) And He offered up Himself a living sacrifice, which is where we get Romans 12:1.
B. There’s nothing that your going through that Jesus can’t relate to.
1. Hebrews 4:15-16 (KJV) For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
2. There’s nothing worse than being represented by somebody that can’t relate to your life.