the manna ceased
Sermon shared by Ernest Canell
Summary: What do we do if something we have been use to is no longer there?
Audience: Believer adults
ii. Pronouncement of the Passover-They observed the Passover in the new land. It was only celebrated once in the wilderness not celebrated again till King 23:22.
Kind of foreshadow of communion-remembrance of when they were saved in Egypt You do communion in remembrance of your salvation through Jesus’ death burial and resurrection.
III. God prepares us to live a victorious life by His provision- Show the pepper corn. Illustration
Ps. 78 24,25 describes it as the corn of heaven
i. The day after they moved into living in the new land they ate unleavened cakes and parched grain(corn)-it was corn that was left when the people left in fear and ran for safety leaving what was in their barns and fields. Chapter 4:13 after they had heard what God was doing with the Israelites must have been a large amount, enough to feed. 40,000. God provided for them.
ii. Manna “What is it?” Exodus 16:14-15 had been provided for the Israelites for 40 years, Even when they were grumbling against God and he still [provided the manna. When they complained of having to eat only manna Nu.21:5-9 He sent a fiery serpents among them and they bit the people so that many of them died. But He still sent the manna.
When they disobeyed the Lords commands when warring with other people, but He still sent manna. When they complained of no meat He sent them Quail, it fell beside the camp. About a day’s journey on one side and a day’s journey on the other side and about two cubits deep on the surface of the ground, Because of the Lord’s anger He struck them with a very severe plaque. Many died that were greedy. But He still sent manna.
Does God provide for you when we are disobedient? When you grumble about your situation, when you complain that you want it the way it use to be,, does He still provide manna for you?
40 years you think they got use to that manna being provided every day?
iii. Verse12—And the manna ceased-When the Promised Land was provided
1. There is a type of manna in your lives that should cease. Romans 13:14 “But on the Lord Jesus Christ and make no provision for the flesh in regards to it’s lust.” The Manna that you provide for yourself. That manna has to cease.
2. The things you feed your mind that are ungodly- that manna must cease
The unforgiveness you keep feeding yourself- the manna must cease
Any provisions that you feed your self to satisfy the lust of your flesh- that manna has to cease.
1. There are thing that we are blessed with that are provisions from the Lord and when they cease what do you do then?
2. Maybe you have lost a loved one—the manna ceased
3. Maybe you lost your job—And the manna ceased
4. Maybe you have been betrayed by a family member or a friend- the manna ceased
5. Maybe you lost a loved pastor and friend- the manna ceased
6. Maybe your health was good and now there is problem- the manna ceased
7. What do we do when the manna ceases
I. The thing or person you once trusted is no longer there- like the manna was no longer provided for. We want to go back to the old way. Some people kept going back but nothing is there. We need to look at the past but not live there. Can’t it’s not there. You may want it to be there, desire things not to change but they just continue to change. I’m sure there were Israelites that went
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion