The Outcome of Obedience
Sermon shared by Tom Anglin
Summary: 7 Blessings of Obedience
Audience: General adults
29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,
30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
· Not only was the jailer saved, but we read on in the text and find that his entire family were saved! WHY, BECAUSE OF OBEDIENCE!
· Here is the command that they obeyed. 1Th 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
· THANKFULNESS IS A COMMAND TO BE OBEYED REGARDLESS OF OUR CIRCUMSTANCES OR TRIALS!
#2) ACQUIRE THE FIRE:
· THE FIRE OF THE HOLY GHOST CAME BY WAY OF OBEDIENCE
Acts 1: 4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
· Ac 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
· The fire of the Holy Spirit that fell upon those obedient believers that day, is still spreading throughout the world!
· Ac 5:32 and we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
· I am reasonably sure, that we all would agree the Holy Spirit comes to reside in all of us when we are born again. However,
according to the Word of God, there are measures of the Spirit imparted to those who strive to obey God. The measure of God’s Spirit given to us is in direct connection to our obedience….
Joh 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. (another version states that the Spirit was given to Christ “without limitation” There has never been a near rival to Christ’s obedience to the Father!
#3) ACQUIRE THE FAITH:
· Even our level of faith is directly connected to our obedience.
Mt 8: 9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
· Obedience is clearly a key to great faith. Understanding and submitting ourselves to authority is crucial to our level of faith. Let’s consider this principle further!
1Jo 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
1Jo 3:21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
· The reason that our heart condemns us is because the law of God written on our heart reveals disobedience. It does not say that God condemns, it is our own heart. Thank God that He is greater than condemnation. He convicts to bring us near to Him! PRAISE HIM FOREVER!
· Jesus lived his earthly life and did great miracles BY FAITH. HE DEPENDED ON THE FATHER FOR EVERYTHING HE DID. The Scripture teaches that He had great confidence or FAITH in God.
Jn 8:29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
· If we will be a people of great faith we must also be a people of great obedience!
1Jo 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion