The Outcome of Obedience
Sermon shared by Tom Anglin
Summary: 7 Blessings of Obedience
Audience: General adults
29 Therefore I make a decree, That every people, nation, and language, which speak any thing amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made a dunghill: because there is no other God that can deliver after this sort.
30 Then the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, in the province of Babylon.
#5) ACQUIRE THE FINEST:
Isa 1:19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good (best) of the land:
· Very simply stated: obedience is the key to quality life. Jesus said that, “I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” (Jn 10:10)
· Abundant life is life to the fullest. It is certain that the finest life is not trouble free. We have far too many Biblical examples to the contrary.This life in Christ even on the worst day is far better than the world can offer on its’ best day!! An obedient life assures us that ALL THINGS will work together for our benefit (Ro 8:28) We must bring in the next verse, which says it is for those that are being conformed to the image of His Son ( Ro 8:29)
#6) ACQUIRE THE FUTURE:
· Another awesome benefit is given through obedience: glimpses into our future. Through obedience, we receive vision and understanding of our calling and direction for life! There is no mistake about it, obedience opens our eyes to the future, at least to a degree ( we see through a glass darkly – 1Cor 13:12)
· In 1Cor 2 we discover that those who strive to walk in the Spirit are given special revelation of things to come by the Spirit (vs.10) These treasures are not given to the carnal or fleshly i.e. disobedient, but unto spiritual or obedient individuals. Paul, who was a tremendous example of human obedience, stated that he and the apostles had the mind of Christ!!
· Notice in the following passage, the key to understanding the direction of God for our present and future is obedience!
Ro 12: 1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
#7) ACQUIRE THE FINALE:
· Finally the Finale .. Eternity with the Lord entirely depends on obedience the Word of God! JESUS SAYS SO! We can get to Heaven without being Healed but we cannot get to Heaven without being Holy!
· Not even the gifts of the Spirit are a replacement for the fruit of the Spirit!
Mt 7: 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended,
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion