25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.
· The mind-boggling outcome was that they had to be asked to come out of the fire! Because they refused to disobey that day,
they enjoyed a level of fellowship with Christ that few have ever known throughout history!
· When we will not compromise the commands of God, we will know Him in ways that will alter the direction of our society!
28 Then Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in him, and have changed the king’s word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God.
29 Therefore I make a decree, That every people, nation, and language, which speak any thing amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made a dunghill: because there is no other God that can deliver after this sort.
30 Then the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, in the province of Babylon.
#5) ACQUIRE THE FINEST:
Isa 1:19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good (best) of the land:
· Very simply stated: obedience is the key to quality life. Jesus said that, “I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” (Jn 10:10)
· Abundant life is life to the fullest. It is certain that the finest life is not trouble free. We have far too many Biblical examples to the contrary.This life in Christ even on the worst day is far better than the world can offer on its’ best day!! An obedient life assures us that ALL THINGS will work together for our benefit (Ro 8:28) We must bring in the next verse, which says it is for those that are being conformed to the image of His Son ( Ro 8:29)
#6) ACQUIRE THE FUTURE:
· Another awesome benefit is given through obedience: glimpses into our future. Through obedience, we receive vision and understanding of our calling and direction for life! There is no mistake about it, obedience opens our eyes to the future, at least to a degree ( we see through a glass darkly – 1Cor 13:12)
· In 1Cor 2 we discover that those who strive to walk in the Spirit are given special revelation of things to come by the Spirit (vs.10) These treasures are not given to the carnal or fleshly i.e. disobedient, but unto spiritual or obedient individuals. Paul, who was a tremendous example of human obedience, stated that he and the apostles had the mind of Christ!!
· Notice in the following passage, the key to understanding the direction of God for our present and future is obedience!
Ro 12: 1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.