Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
Key Verse and Theme: “And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off.” (Matthew 18:13)
1. This parable is directly related to the disciples’ question in verse 1.
A. Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
B. Children are an important part of Jesus’ ministry.
C. Jesus answers by telling them the humble will enter the kingdom.
2. We need to welcome the little children.
A. The Father is the shepherd.
B. He goes out and actively seeks out the lost children.
C. We need to raise godly children and chase ungodly children.
3. We need to rescue the children from the dangers of sin.
A. Be careful... (Matthew 18:6)
B. Jesus says it is better to enter life crippled rather than enter hell a whole person. (Matthew 18:8-9)
C. We need to seek out the lost sheep who are wandering into danger. (Matthew 18:12)
4. We are in a battle for our children.
A. Right now we are losing the battle.
B. We have an opportunity to turn things around.
C. We need to go into the hills, looking for lost sheep.
- Parable: Lost Sheep
- All Sermons on Parable: Lost Sheep
- Text Illustrations on Parable: Lost Sheep
- Video Illustrations on Parable: Lost Sheep
- PowerPoint Template on Parable: Lost Sheep
- Scripture on Parable: Lost Sheep
Join the discussion