Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
The Positive Side of the Ten Commandments: The Tenth Commandment
8. People eventually act out what is in their mind and heart.
Coveting is like a pressure cooker.
Coveting destroys inward peace.
F. THE BIG THREE LIES
1. Lie One: Everyone wants stuff, so it must be all right to want.
2. Lie Two: When you get what you want, it quenches your craving.
3. Lie Three: Wanting stuff is just my competitive urge to get ahead of my neighbor.
G. CONTROLLING COVETING
1. I can control my heart. “Above all else, guard your heart for it is the source of your life” (Prov. 4:23, ELT).
2. God can help me control my heart. “I will give you a new heart, and give you a new spirit; I will take away your evil heart and give you a tender heart” (Ez. 36:26, ELT).
3. Make Christ the Lord. “Set Christ as Lord of your heart” (I Peter 3:15, ELT).
4. One obedience will lead to more obedience. “Now you have purified your heart by obeying the truth, so you will have a sincere love for others” (I Peter 1:22, ELT).
If you have never really accepted Jesus as your personal Savior, would you do it right now? Do not delay or put it off. If you would like to receive Christ by faith, pray this simple prayer in your heart:
Dear Lord, I acknowledge that I am a sinner. I believe Jesus died for my sins on the cross, and rose again the third day. I repent of my sins. By faith I receive the Lord Jesus as my Savior. You promised to save me, and I believe You, because You are God and cannot lie. I believe right now that the Lord Jesus is my personal Savior, and that all my sins are forgiven through His precious blood. I thank You, dear Lord, for saving me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
If you prayed that prayer, God heard you and saved you. I personally want to welcome you to the family of God. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about your salvation experience so that we can rejoice with you.
- Commandments: Covet
- All Sermons on Commandments: Covet
- Text Illustrations on Commandments: Covet
- Video Illustrations on Commandments: Covet
- PowerPoint Template on Commandments: Covet
- Scripture on Commandments: Covet
Join the discussion