The Power Of one small Word
Sermon shared by Eddie Young
Summary: This will show the tremendous power in such a small word... The word "Yea" (in the kjv). How strong is satan with his words? Find out as we look at this powerful but small word.
Audience: General adults
About Sermon Contributor
The Power Of one small Word Genesis 3:1 Please take note of the word “Yea”
I WANT US TO LOOK AT “THE POWER OF POSITIVE WORDS...OR POSITIVE THINKING.”
Text: Genesis 3:1 ... Notice with me that the first word that the devil speaks in the scriptures is “Yea” or as we would say: “”Yes” in his temptation of Eve. Temptation to sin and sin itself is always going to be presented by the devil as “positive.” The devil will never, ever show you the negative side of sin.
SO, This morning from the scriptures, I want us to look at some examples of the devil’s positive presentations of sin.
1. David and Bathsheba... 2 Samuel 11:1-5...Here is a time when David sent his men to war but David stayed home and was in bed. Then he got up and got on the roof of his house and saw this lady taking a bath and Notice v. 2, the word “beautiful”. So he sent for her, had sex with her and sent her on her way. “Beautiful” is a positive word. You see the devil will never show you the ugly side of the sin. The fact is “the wages of sin is death” The fact is, “whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul.”
2. Then there is Achan... Joshua Ch. 7 He tried hiding his sin and in verse 21, the word “goodly” is used. “goodly” is a positive word. AGAIN, The devil will never show you the bad side of sin. The fact is, Israel would lose the battle at Ai. The fact is, Achan and his family would be stoned to death.
3. Lot...Genesis Ch. 13...He chose well watered land. Notice v. 10 “well watered”
“well” is a positive word. Another word for “well” is “favorable:...In other words, Lot looked at the plains of Jordan and saw the favorable conditions of the land. He didn’t care it was in the direction of Sodom and Gommorah ...
The devil will never show you the unfavorable side of sin. The fact is, Lot would end up backslideing and living in the land of homosexuality... The fact is, he would lose his married daughters and his wife. The fact is, he would end up in a cave drunk and committing incest with his two single daughters.
4. Eve...See Genesis 3:1-7.....Notice v. 6. “good” – positive...“pleasant” – positive...“wise” – positive
You see, the devil will always present sin as Something “good” for you, Something that you will enjoy (pleasant)...The smart choice (wise) The devil will never show you the negative side of sin. The fact is... “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:”
The devil will always present the things of God in a negative light and his ways is a positive way. How do you think the devil got the Holy Bible, prayer, and the ten commandments thrown out of our public schools?.....Because he presented it this way –
1) It will be for the good of the country because not everyone believes the same way. It will show us to be a country that is tolerant and accepting of other beliefs. It’s ok to take "In God We Trust" off of our money. That way we won’t offend anybody. And you know what the Apostel Paul said, I love to eat meat but if it offends my brother, I won’t eat it.
2) It will make our schools a more pleasant environment because non-Christians won’t feel like they are being discriminated against. It will promote an atmosphere of unity.
3) It is the wise thing to do. It is the
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion