Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
2. Moral degradation begins when people do not give thanks to God or glorify Him as God. Failure to thank God and honor Him as the great I AM is the first step toward becoming bitter rather than better.
3. Moral degradation continues when people become futile and godless in their thinking. The path toward godless thinking begins when a person allows their vain imaginations, foolish reasoning and stupid speculations to govern their decision-making.
4. Moral degradation continues to get worse when people allow their senses to become darkened without the guiding light of Godís word. Godís word is necessary to help us choose Godís success rather than selfish accomplishments.
5. Moral degradation spirals downward as people claim to be wise when they are not. Paul wrote, "If anyone thinks he stands let him be careful lest he fall."
6. Moral degradation deteriorates further when people exchange the glory of God for false idolatrous images. Too many people idolize things instead of the creator of every good thing.
7. Moral degradation continues to worsen when God gives people over to their lusts and the destructive desires of their hearts. Jesus knew that what comes out of a manís heart Ė envy, anger, jealousy eventually destroys one from within.
8. Moral degradation is seen in the lives of people who exchange the truth of God for lie. People who do not learn to fear God and keep His commandments eventually worship and serve creatures rather than the Creator.
9. Moral degradation leads to awful consequences in individualsí vile affections and degrading passions. This is often manifested in sexual immorality, homosexuality and illicit relationships of many kinds.
10. Moral degradation causes grave suffering in physical, emotional, mental and spiritual ways. Paul writes, "These who commit shameful acts with men suffer in their own bodies and personalities as the inevitable consequences and penalty of their wrong-doing and going astray which was fitting retribution." (1:27) No one should be deceived into thinking that they will not reap what they have sown. Ask the Lord to help you lovingly warn every one of the perilous warning signs of moral decay and shame.
11. Moral degradation eventually resulted in God giving people over to a base and condemned mind to do things that not proper or decent but loathsome. Immoral people are saturated with every kind of unrighteousness, iniquity, grasping and covetous greed and malice. The morally
Join the discussion