The uniform of a Godly Soldier
11. Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand against the wiles of the devil.
12. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
You see here it is being told to us that we do not fight against our brothers and our sisters physically, but we fight against the demon that is inside of them. Verse 11 tells us that we need the armor of God on us always. As often as we wear clothes, that is how often we need the armor of God on us. Many times we get angry with our brothers/sisters, daughters/sons, mothers/fathers, but we have to realize that it is not them that are doing evil, but it is them that are getting used by the devil. We often say, "I ain’t going to let nobody use me," well if you are doing wrong, you are getting USED.
13. Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with the truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Here it tells us that we need our waist armored with the truth. We need the truth, because Jesus said, "I am the way the truth and the life. So if we have the truth we got God. Following that he tells us we ought to have on the breast plate of righteousness. WE can’t accomplish anything at anytime if we aren’t righteous. If you have a right hand, made a right turn, and you haven’t notified your left hand about what your right hand is doing, then you ought to be right-eous.
15. And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16. Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
In verse 15, it notifies us that we need peace to go on. Doesn’t your feet move you? So we need peace in substitution of our feet so that we can peacefully move. Verse 16 is stating that above every other ingredient, or every other substance we need faith. If it had not been for faith, blinded eyes wouldn’t have been opened, deaf ears wouldn’t have been cleansed, 5,000 wouldn’t have been fed, 4,000 wouldn’t have been fed, 12 men wouldn’t have been disciples, water wouldn’t have been changed into wine, Lazarus wouldn’t have been raised from the dead, 66 books wouldn’t have been wrote, and we wouldn’t have been set free. And that was just to name a few. Last but not least, verse 16 tells us to have on some head protection, which is the helmet of salvation, which is freedom. Following that he tells us to take our one and only weapon, a sword, which is the word of God. The word cuts through any obstacle, whether it be big/small, fat/skinny, rich/poor, smart/ignorant, God’s word can cut through it.
Whatever comes your way, it will not hurt you, for you have on a 100% guaranteed protection, heavenly suit. It isn’t just any old suit, but it’s a suit that can rock you in a weary land, it can be a doctor in a sick room, it can be a lawyer in a court room, it can be a teacher in a class room. Just put on the suit and you’ll see the difference, the devil will flee, you will go through heart aches, you’ll go through trials, you’ll go through tribulations, but hold on, God promises that the reward doesn’t go to the swift nor the fast, but to he that endureth until the end.
(Written by Jarrod R. Bottley, Post office Box 331, Waterproof, Louisiana, 71375; with the advising of Tanisha L. Jones.)