Summary: Immunity is a state whereby certain things cannot harm you. It is having an internal defense. Sometimes, people wonder why they are always attacked and the attacks prosper, while some other people do not even see any attack and it seems as if nothing touc
2. Your immunity will break down when you refuse to accept responsibility for your faults. Don’t go about saying that it was somebody that made you to do it.
3. Your immunity will break down when you fail to forgive those who have hurt you. This we can find in Mark 11:25.
4. When you fail to make God the priority of your life, your immunity will break down. You wake up without prayer, go to work without prayer and start work without prayer, your immunity will break down.
5. Your immunity will break down when you refuse to keep your peace and let God fight for you.
6. Your immunity will break down when you are selfish. You only serve yourself and not others.
7. Your immunity will break down when you practise any known or willful sin.
STRATEGIES TO MAINTAIN SPIRITUAL IMMUNITY
1. Your blood must be immunized: The Bible says in Leviticus 17:11 that life is in the blood. Any disease that destroys blood kills very quickly. Many killer diseases actually eat up people’s blood. Malaria is one of them. More than one million Africans die every year because of malaria. It affects the blood and the liver. Men have been looking for ways of getting rid of malaria from time immemorial. As they do that, it looks for ways of dodging them. You discover that sometimes, it is resistant to drugs. We are told that mosquitoes carry malaria. There are mosquitoes around now that even your insecticide will not harm. There is another disease called sleeping sickness. These two sicknesses have boxed men and scientists to a corner. They are serious because they affect the blood.
We should ask some spiritual questions. Surely sicknesses come as a result of the fall of Adam. Is it possible that there is a spirit of malaria? If not, what teaches the malaria disease what to do? All mosquitoes are not normal. Or haven’t witches confessed in our revivals that they sometimes use mosquitoes to drink blood. Could there be a curse of malaria on black men, because it seems to be killing black men in millions?
Let us look at Jesus. Luke 4:38-39 says, “And he arose out of the synagogue, and entered into Simon’s house. And Simon’s wife’s mother was taken with a great fever, and they besought him for her. And he stood over her, and rebuked the fever, and it left her. And immediately she arose and ministered unto them.” It means that you can talk to fever the way you can talk to any other thing. You can rebuke the fever. You can talk to your blood not to accept malaria.
I know a brother who before he got married, did not use to buy insecticides. He prayed every night, bound the mosquitoes and went to sleep. But when his wife came, the first thing she asked was, “where is your insecticide?” The brother said, “No, we don’t use insecticide here. I bind them.” She said, “This is madness. Don’t allow mosquitoes to bite me, I am going to buy one.” Although she did not buy it, that night mosquitoes bombarded the two of them because there was no agreement. The Bible says, “All things are possible to him that believeth.”