Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
We need to understand the difference between the devil, demons and unclean spirits. In this out line we can see there is a difference and also that believers cannot be possessed but can be oppressed and even obsessed. 1John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
Before the study let us understand that:
1. Satan, the devil is the fallen archangel that fell, he was the closest to God. (Ezek 28:14 KJV) Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
2. Demons are the one third of the angels that fell with him.
3. Unclean spirits are the influence or manifestations of the devil and demons.
I. Satan is called by many names.
A. He is the devil.
Rev 9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon. .
B. He is the accuser of the brethren.
Rev 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. .
1. He never quits. On preacher said that if you could find one good thing about him is that he is persistent.
C. He is a devourer.
1 Pet 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: .
D. This is what Jesus said he was in: (John 10:10 KJV) The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy..........
1. The Devil is the author of every evil thing.
2. He steals
3. He kills
4. He destroys
5. God gives us every good and perfect gift.
6. Satanís ploys are no match for the Saviorís power.
E. He is the father of all liars, he is a murder and not truth in him.
John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it
1, He places unclean, untrue and false accusations in our minds
2. This is why we need the Word in our hearts and minds.
(Phil 2:5 KJV) Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Psalms 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
II. The great truth is always to remember is we are free.
(John 8:32 KJV) And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
(John 8:36 KJV) If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: .
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against
- All Sermons on Demons
- Text Illustrations on Demons
- Video Illustrations on Demons
- PowerPoint Template on Demons
- Scripture on Demons
- Related Sermons
- Sermons related to Ezekiel 28:13-28:19
- All sermons from Tony Abram
- Sermons on Satan
- Sermons on unclean spirit
- Sermons on demons
Join the discussion