Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
2. Matt 13:44-46, Col 1:15-19, Phil 3:8, Jer 9:23-24, 2 Cor 4:4, 6, Eph 1:18b, Col 2:3
3. Illustration: A story was told of a man who loved old books. He met an acquaintance who had just thrown away a Bible that had been stored in the attic of his ancestral home for generations. “I couldn’t read it,” the friend explained. “Somebody named Guten-something had printed it.” “Not Gutenberg!” the book lover exclaimed in horror. “That Bible was one of the first books ever printed. Why, a copy just sold for over two million dollars!” His friend was unimpressed. “Mine wouldn’t have brought a dollar. Some fellow named Martin Luther had scribbled all over it in German.” “a failure to find a redeemer meant that this earth in its curse is consigned forever to death…that death, sin, damnation, and hell should reign forever…” –Criswell, someone said that we know the cost of everything, but the value of nothing; everything in our culture is given a monetary value…read part of the Nicean Creed from ill file, read the chorus to Prince of Peace, Champion of Love
4. We see Christ’s equality with the Father between Rev 4-5. We see that He possesses omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence. We see that nothing, no one, no thing is greater. That His worth and value and qualification surpasses all above, in, and under the earth. He is our conquering warrior in life, our reigning king, the only one with the divine right to rule and reign, our strength, or shield, or refuge, our compassionate sin-bearing lamb. He is the highest of high, greatest of great; no one could ever take his crown away. He will forever bear the marks of our punishment in glory. Christ is worthy of everything because of who He is! And the rocks know it!
B. What He has done (v. 7-10)
1. The first thing that this standing, having been slain, Lion/Lamb does is take the book from the Father. Don’t think of it by force, but something that God ordained from eternity past to take place. The main thing, however that the elder says that Jesus has done to manifest his worthiness is that He was slain. Redemption was the greatest act ever accomplished! God incarnate submitted Himself to a cruel punishment and separation from God that was not His. He bought back, redeemed (purchased off the slave auction block then set free), paid the price for people in every ethnic, political, linguistic group on the planet selflessly and perfectly. He conquered/prevailed through submission and death. He defeated Satan, took the keys to hell, took the sting from death, took the permanence from the grave, validated every promise of God, completed perfectly the plan of God for His life, and pleased and brought glory to the Father. And as if that wasn’t enough, He has also made us kings and priests to God.
2. Dan 7:13-14, 1 Peter 1:18-19, Heb 9:12, 15, Col 1:20, Tit 2:14, Rom 3:24-26, 5:7-8
3. Illustration: I’m forgiven, because you were forsaken, I’m accepted, you were condemned, The redeemed are dependent on God for all. All that we have—wisdom, the pardon of sin, deliverance, acceptance in God’s favor, grace, holiness, true comfort and happiness, eternal life and glory—we have from God by a Mediator; and this Mediator is God. God not only gives us the Mediator, and accepts His mediation, and of His power and grace bestows the things purchased by the Mediator, but He is the Mediator.
- Divinity of Christ
- All Sermons on Divinity of Christ
- Text Illustrations on Divinity of Christ
- Video Illustrations on Divinity of Christ
- PowerPoint Template on Divinity of Christ
- Scripture on Divinity of Christ
Join the discussion