Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
THE APPOINTMENT IS MADE! ...
Sermon and lesson by Dean Roach and Wade Martin Hughes, Sr. ...Kyfingers@aol.com
Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but then after this the
1 Corinthians 15:26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.
51. Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed.
52. In a moment, in a twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound,
and the dead in Christ shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on
54. So that when this corruptible shall put on incorruption, and this mortal shall put on
immortality, THEN SHALL BE BROUGHT TO PASS THE SAYING THAT IS WRITTEN,
DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP IN VICTORY.
55. O, death, where is thy sting? O, grave where is thy victory.
56. The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
57. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!
an arrangement for a meeting; to fix or set; to arrange a time and place.
TO PRICK PAINFULLY, TO PIERCE OR WOUND WITH AN IRRITATING PROCESS;
to affect with a quick, sharp pain; to cause to suffer;
I. WE WILL NEVER KNOW HOW TO LIVE RIGHT UNTIL WE UNDERSTAND HOW TO
DIE RIGHT! There is an appointment made for you!
Let us ponder death... Today, it seems we donít want to think or talk about death?
A. THREE WORDS GO AFTER EVERY NAME ---
LOOK AT GENESIS 5, THERE IS A CLEAR RECORD, --- and so in so lived ---?
blank years, but after every name but one is recorded -- AND HE DIED!
One of these days after your name will be written --- AND HE/SHE DIED.
B. Death and Funerals are very sad occasions -- the passing of a loved one is very
hard to understand.
C. I wish death would never come, and if it has to come it could be easier on oneís
family & friends, but when death, the unwelcomed visitor comes, and one we love
passes, it breaks our hearts and it hurts a lot.
D. We would wish for one more Christmas together, another birthday, another
aniversary, --- Please God just one more?
E. Death is a Great Paradox: passing away is never expected, but not too
surprising either, we know all shall pass this way.
Death is sure, sin is the cause, death is the curse, the cross is the cure.
II. IS LIFE AND DEATH CONTRADICTORY, YET TRUE?
A. DEATH IS COMMON, BUT DEATH IS ALSO RARE ---
Death happens all around us all the time, we read death in the obituaries,
but strangers deaths have little affect on our hearts.
Death visits only once to each person.
B. DEATH IS CERTAIN, YET DEATH IS SO UNCERTAIN ---
We all know death is sure, but what about how
C. DEATH IS SEPARATION, DEATH IS A GREAT REUNION OF
Separation from human existence as we have known
life, yet a great reunion
with those that have gone on before.
D. DEATH IS THE END! BUT WE KNOW DEATH IS JUST THE BEGINNING.
Death can appear to be the end of life as we know
it, but the beginning of life in the eternal
III.THERE IS GREAT COMFORT WHEN THINKING ABOUT DEATH!
As we think today about death, we know tears and tear stained faces, broken hearts, hurting spirits and a
- Death: Nearness
- All Sermons on Death: Nearness
- Text Illustrations on Death: Nearness
- Video Illustrations on Death: Nearness
- PowerPoint Template on Death: Nearness
- Scripture on Death: Nearness
- Related Sermons
- Sermons related to Hebrews|1 Corinthians 9|15:27|26-9|15:27|57
- All sermons from Wade Hughes, Sr
Join the discussion