Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
1. Rejoice in the Lord - (Phil. 4:4; Psalm 98:1,2) - Sing to the Lord a new song for He has done marvelous things. His right hand and His holy arm has gotten us the victory. We still have the power to choose to rejoice regardless of the circumstances. Do not be like Curly of the Three Stooges who played the victim card and said, "Iím a victim of circumstances."
As the New Year unfolds may the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ envelope you.
Before you --- To lead you (Isaiah 45:2)
Behind you --- As a rear guard (Isaiah 52:12)
Above you --- To instruct you (Deuteronomy 4:39-40)
At your right hand --- To shield you (Psalm 18:35)
Underneath you --- To protect you (Deuteronomy 33:27)
Within you --- Building your faith (Galatians 2:20)
Round about you --- To surround you (Psalm 125:2)
2. Revere the Lord - Bless the Lord and forget none of His benefits who heals all your diseases and redeems your life from the destruction. (Psalm 103) Praise has the capacity to lift you up out of your depression and give you a fresh infusion of His grace, goodness and glorious power.
3. Relinquish your rights - (Luke 9:23,24) Jesus said, "If we really want the blessings of full fellowship found through Christ like discipleship we will have to surrender everything to His control.
4. Remember Jesus Christ - (2 Tim. 2:8) Whenever you get weary in well doing consider Him who endured such sufferings of sinners against Himself lest you be wearied and faint in your mind. (Heb. 12:3,4)
5. Refuel - Jesus said, "If you abide in me and my word abides in you you can ask whatever you wish and it will be done for you." (John 15:7) Do not run out of spiritual fuel by working in the flesh instead of by the Spiritís power. (Zech. 4:6,7)
6. Resist the devil - (James 4:7,8) Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
7. Repent - (I John 1:6-9) If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all[a] sin.
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
8. Re-direct your attentions - (I Chron 22:7-11) David redirected his attentions to helping his son Solomon build the temple instead of becoming bitter for Godís relegation. " David said to Solomon: ďMy son, I had it in my heart to build a house for the Name of the LORD my God. 8 But this word of the LORD came to me: ĎYou have shed much blood and have fought many wars. You are not to build a house for my Name, because you have shed much blood on the earth in my sight. 9 But you will have a son who will be a man of peace and rest, and I will give him rest from all his enemies on every side. His name will be Solomon,[a] and I will grant Israel peace and quiet during his reign. 10 He is the one who will build a house for my Name. He will be my son, and I will be his father. And I will establish the throne of his kingdom
- New Year's Day
- All Sermons on New Year's Day
- Text Illustrations on New Year's Day
- Video Illustrations on New Year's Day
- PowerPoint Template on New Year's Day
- Scripture on New Year's Day
- Related Sermons
- Sermons related to Psalms 98:1-98:4
- All sermons from Paul Fritz
- Sermons on resources
- Sermons on Remedy
Join the discussion