Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
- For 2009 is July 29
Ps 48:1-8 - Joy of God found in Jerusalem
- Note Ps 48:8
2 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. 3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.
To most Christians, hearing the words September 11th strikes a chord of sadness, grief, and other painful emotions,
- Jerusalem has no natural harbor.
- It isn’t a gateway city.
- It isn’t situated astride any major trade route.
- It’s not a banking or industrial or commercial or medical or hi-tech center.
- It has no natural resources.
- It’s too hilly for an airport
- It doesn’t command any strategic high ground.
- It has nothing except for the fact the God chose it for Himself.
- Today the world dictates how it should be
- Temple Mount has been closed off in the past on Tisha B’Av
AFP (American Free Press)
Obama’s administration have repeated demands that the Jewish state stop all settlement activity in the occupied West Bank including annexed east Jerusalem.
- Arutz Sheva (Israel National News)
- 250 Israeli Rabbis Sign Letter to Obama: “Hands off Jerusalem”
- Jerusalem Eastern part becoming the capitol of a future Palestinian state
- Jerusalem must never be divided again
- The Jerusalem Post
"We’re concerned that in the end, the Temple Mount will be part of a Palestinian state, with US backing," Gershon Salomon (The founder and leader of the Temple Mount and Land of Israel Faithful Movement) said. "We will say to [US President Barack] Obama, ’Get your hands off Jerusalem and the land of Israel!"
...Should I weep in the fifth month [Av], separating myself, as I have done these so many years? -Zechariah 7:3
-II Kings 25:8-9
In the fifth month, on the seventh day of the month ...came Nebuzaradan ... and he burnt the house of the LORD...
In the fifth month, on the tenth day of the month... came Nebuzaradan ... and he burnt the house of the L)RD... -
Talmud. (Jewish rabbinic literature)
Five misfortunes befell our fathers ... on the ninth of Av. ...On the ninth of Av it was decreed that our fathers should not enter the [Promised] Land, the Temple was destroyed the first and second time, Bethar was captured and the city [Jerusalem] was ploughed up. -Mishnah Ta’anit 4:6
Tisha B’Av - The Hebrew day of great tragedies
Tisha B’Av means "the ninth (day) of Av." It usually occurs during August.
Tisha B’Av - This Jewish Remembrance Day is primarily meant to commemorate the destruction of the Temple,
1. In 586 BC, the First Temple (built by Solomon) was destroyed by the Babylonians. One hundred thousand
Jews perished, and millions were exiled.
2. In 70 AD, the Second Temple was destroyed by the Romans, led by Titus. Again many Jews died and
many were exiled. This destruction was prophesied by Messiah Yeshua (Jesus) in Matthew 24:2.
3. In 135 AD, the Jewish Bar Kochba revolt was crushed by the Roman Emperor Hadrian. A stronghold of over
100,000 Jews was slaughtered.
4. In 1290, an official decree was signed, expelling all
- All Sermons on Israel
- Text Illustrations on Israel
- Video Illustrations on Israel
- PowerPoint Template on Israel
- Scripture on Israel
- Related Sermons
- Sermons related to Psalms 48:1-48:8
- All sermons from Ralph Andrus
- Sermons on Pray for Israel
- Sermons on Jerusalem
- Sermons on prophecy
Join the discussion