Tormented in this flame
Sermon shared by Dennis Williams
Summary: Some of us know what it is like to be tormented by devils But eternal punishment of torment is another issue-Amen
Audience: General adults
About Sermon Contributor
Tormented in this flame (Start talking about HELL)
Some of us know what it is like to be tormented by devils
But eternal punishment of torment is another issue-Amen
1. The Word of God is truth.
a . The same Bible that teaches mercy, grace, forgiveness and heaven also teaches wrath, judgment, condemnation and hell.
b. That is why we should be busy about the Fatherís business-Amen
c. The Lord has no pleasure in the death of the wicked, (Repeat)
d. His desire is that all men come to repentance.
e. This should be ours too.
1Tim 2:3-4: For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; (4) Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. (A universal call to salvation)
Ezek. 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
a. Jesus has no pleasure in the doom of unrepentant.
b. He always showed compassion and grace in the Word of God
1. In Luke 13:34: Jesus said as He wept over Jerusalem
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered they children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not.
a. The city killed the prophets and stoned Godís messengers
b. But it was still the object of Jesusí love.
c. He wanted to gather them under his wing. BUT THEY WERE NOT WILLING- ( THEY WERE STUBBORN AND SELF-WILLED)
2. As a result there land would be left desolate (as it says in vs. 35)
* The Lord wants a submission of the will
Jesus said in John 5:40: And ye will not come to me that ye might have life.
1. Jesus has all power but will not make anyone submit.
2. Jesus will not steal your heart.
2. But Paul also stated in 2 Cor 5:11 "Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men."
1. We should pull them out of the flames while the smoke is still on their garment. ĖAmen
2. The Lord wants us as believers to have this type of compassion
3. We were once there.-Amen
3. Hell can not be dismissed.
a. It is a reality that Jesus spoke of in the Bible
b. Jesus came as the embodiment of divine Love
c. But Jesus spoke more of Hell than He did about Heaven
He spoke of :
1. The broad way that leadeth to destruction (Matt 7:13)
2. Lose your own soul (Matt 16:26 and Matt 19:23)
3. Eternal punishment (Matt 25:46)
4. Outer darkness (Matt 8:12, 22:13; 25:30)
5. Unquenchable fire (Mark 9:43-44)
6. Wailing and gnashing of teeth (Matt 13: 42, 50)
7. Thy whole body cast into hell (Matt 5:29-30)
8. Everlasting fire (Matt 25: 41,46)
9. Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched (Mark 9:46-48)
10. Eternal sin (Mark 3:29)
4. There seems to be no fear of the Judgment of God in our day
a. We know of Godís judgement on Adam and Eve:
Gen 2:16-17: And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: (17) But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion