Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
A) Josephís brothers had gone to Egypt to buy food to live on because of the famine .......
* They did not know their brother at this time, so they bought the food with the money they had!
* Unknown to them, Joseph had ordered their money to be returned secretly to them.
* Josephís helper had put the money in their sacks!
B) Stopped for the night to rest, they discovered the money, and fear gripped their hearts!
* For they thought surely that they would be charged as thieves!
* Now they come back to their brother for more food and try to explain the money in their sacks!
* You cannot explain God! * Job 11:7 "Canst thou by searching find out God? canst thou find
out the Almighty unto perfection?"
* Ecc.8:17 "Then I beheld all the work of God, that a man cannot find out the work that is done
under the sun: because though a man labor to seek it out, yet he shall not find it; yea farther;
though a wise man think to know it, yet shall he not be able to find it."
C) Now we come to v.23! * Josephís servant said, "There is treasure in your sacks!"
* And he tells them Who put it there! * They were being blessed and didnít see it!
* I wonder if the same thing might be happening to you and me! * We are blessed!!!
* We have some treasure in our sacks as well!
* Letís look at what treasure we have in our sacks today!
(1) PULL BIBLE OUT OF THE SACK - WHAT A TREASURE!
* The Bible is a treasure because it is from God Himself - It is God-breathed!
A) Jer.23:29 says that Godís Word is like a hammer!
* A hammer is used for building ... For repair ... Nailing down things ...
B) James 1:23-24 says that Godís Word is like a mirror!
* Who do you see? * Thatís why folk donít read the Bible, it shows them who they are!
* It tells the truth about the things that are wrong in our lives!
C) Heb.4:12 says that Godís Word is like a sword!
* A sword is a weapon ... The Word of God is a weapon for us!
* It gives us ammunition to fight the temptations of the devil!
* A sword cuts and divides and so does the Word of God!
D) Ps.119:105 says that Godís Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path!
* The Word will show me where Iím standing and lead me where Iím going!
* When the storms of life are raging, the Word of God is like a lighthouse!
* To neglect itís warnings is to suffer shipwreck!
E) Since the Bible is so magnificent, why are our Bibles dusty?
* Why do we cherish them as mantle pieces rather than opening the book and devouring itís
content? * Why do we watch more television than we read Godís Word?
* Iíll tell you why ... We have forgotten what a treasure this book is!
* Think about the people in countries who donít have Bibles!
* They are willing to give most anything to have just a page of this sacred text!
* Think of what the saints of old have sacrificed rather than deny this Book!
F) Iíll tell you, this Book is a valuable treasure!
* We donít have to "figure things out" on our own, God has given us written instructions!
* He has given us promises to depend on, a glimpse of the future that we can focus on!
* In the trials of life we are not left without guidance!
* We just need to read the directions and do what it says!
G) When was the last time you picked your Bible up & viewed it as a treasured possession?
* Now, I donít mean that itís treasured
- Call of the Disciples
- All Sermons on Call of the Disciples
- Text Illustrations on Call of the Disciples
- Video Illustrations on Call of the Disciples
- PowerPoint Template on Call of the Disciples
- Scripture on Call of the Disciples
Join the discussion