Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
August 28, 2005
Chippie the parakeet was simply minding his own business and signing his song one day when his owner decided to clean out his cage with the vacuum cleaner. The phone rang and the lady went to answer it and that was when things began to go horribly wrong for little Chippie. Without the guidance of the woman the business end of the vacuum cleaner sucked up the bird and sent him to the dust bag.
Realizing what had happened the woman tore open the vacuum and ripped apart the bag to find Chippie, fearing the worst. However, Chippie was not dead but merely stunned and covered with dust.
The woman decided that he needed to be revived and ran to the bathroom sink. She turned the water on and stuck Chippie under the flow. Now Chippie is cold and wet from the sudden bath. So the owner decides to dry the bird off but not with a towel. She gets out her hair dryer and blows the bird off.
Chippies goes from being sucked up, to being nearly drowned to being blown over. The owner was asked by a friend a few weeks later about how Chippie was doing, she replied: “Chippie doesn’t sing much anymore, he just sits and stares.
Does this sound familiar? Life comes at us at an alarming rate and we are blind-sided just like poor Chippie. One moment we don’t have a care in the world and the next we are sucked up by trials, problems and difficulties. There are times when life is enough to suck the song right out of our hearts.
Life in this world has been corrupted by the effects and the power of sin. Life here is filled with trials and difficulties. I believe that each and every day we are reminded of the fact that life is just not fair.
Life is not fair - watch the news
• Children are horrible abused
• People are shot and killed for no reason
• Drug dealers continue to peddle their poison
• People across the globe are starving
• Hurricanes destroy homes and take lives
• Children are kidnaped
• Young men and women are fighting for our freedom while political activists absue their rights to criticize the military
Life is not fair - Suffering happens - My own family
• My sister Rebecca died shortly
after child birth
• My dad died of massive heart attack
• My brother Steve was killed in a car accident less than half a mile from our home
• My grandfather died following a sudden stroke
Life is not fair
I have seen people go through some of the worst experiences that life can offer. I have seen people endure hardships that would cause a common person to crumble. I have seen people stand in the midst of utter chaos of life. People live through the cruelty of life.
Life just isn’t fair! The lessons I have learned through life have taught me that life isn’t fair. Maybe you’ve had some lessons too. You learned them ...
• When your spouse walked out the door
• At the cemetary, near the grave of a loved one
• The night before your surgery took place
• The day when everything came unraveled
Maybe you have felt like the Psalmist who wrote these words: How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?
Life is not fair - look at the Bible
• Jospeh was sold into slavery by his brothers
- God in the Hardships
- All Sermons on God in the Hardships
- Text Illustrations on God in the Hardships
- Video Illustrations on God in the Hardships
- PowerPoint Template on God in the Hardships
- Scripture on God in the Hardships
Join the discussion