Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
Twelve Ways to be Transformed by the Renewing of Our Mind
We need to teach, preach and exhort people with Godís word as it brings life back to those who are seemingly dead. Even if people are not attractive they still need the revival that Godís word brings to their souls.
- Paul Fritz-
7. REALIZE Godís will for your life is what is best in all situations. Many people think that they can discover the best pathways to follow on their own. By praying about everything we are apt to follow Paulís advice and "In everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known to God and the peace of God that passes all comprehension will guard your hearts and mind in Christ Jesus" (Phil. 4:6-7). People are not aware that Godís will is better than all human ways, our human perspectives and our human patterns of response. A full realization of Godís will is only made possible through prayerful petitions that allow the Spirit of God to work in and through us by His power. Prayerful people are better able to perceive what God wants to bring to life through and in their relationships, activities and ministries.
8. RECONCILE with those who are in conflict with you by addressing them as brothers or sisters. Paul writes, "I beseech you therefore, brethren." Even though Pual was a great apostle, he humbly addresses mean, unkind and uncaring people as brethren. He expresses affection, concern and kindness to those who are least deserving of it. Bless those who persecute you and pray for those who try to do you harm. Be liberal in your love with expressions of thankfulness, warmth and support for their needs as far as it is possible.
9. RESIST the conformity to the world. Know that the greatest enemy to renewal is conformity to the patterns of the world with its lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes and boastful pride of life. If people provoke us we are not to lose our cool. We are not to be boastful, argumentative or rude when we are criticized. We are to not be divisive when we do not get our way. We are to not prematurely write people off because they do not measure up to our standards. The rule of the gospel is positive, not the politically correct mentality of going along to get along.
10. RECONSIDER the effects that renewal brings in leading us to the will of God. We will be given greater clarity, hope and fulfillment through the will of God which is good, acceptable and perfect. People who are in the will of God are healthier, more blessed and able to make the best out of the most adverse situations. They are maximizing their contributions for eternity. They will be promoted to positions of great responsibility not only in this life but also in the one to come. "He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous
- All Sermons on Change
- Text Illustrations on Change
- Video Illustrations on Change
- PowerPoint Template on Change
- Scripture on Change
Join the discussion