"Unto Him Who Is Able"
("He Is Able")
The greatness of God. He is a great God. Creator of everything... His ability - nothing is too difficult for Him - He can save, heal, raise the dead, provide for our needs . . .
He is able to do much more than you could ever imagine
- Eph. 3:20-21 Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
He will do more than you ask.
Ask for the biggest thing you can believe for - and He will do more.
* Salvation - When you ask Him to forgive your sins, He does so much more!
* Healing - More than just healing our bodies, He adds blessings we never dreamed of . . .
* Provision of needs - my trip here . . .
* Fill you with the Holy Spirit - He opens all kinds of ministry opportunities, the gifts of the Spirit, . . .
He is able to save completely those who come to God through Him, because He always lives to make intercession for them.
- Heb. 7:25 Therefore He is able to save completely those who come to God through Him, because He always lives to intercede for them.
He is able to save the worst sinner "to the uttermost." (KJV)
William Booth, founder of the Salvation Army, used to say the Lord saves "from the guttermost to the uttermost."
Paul said, Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the chief. - (1 Tim. 1:15)
He is able to keep you from falling . . .
- Jude 24 To Him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy--
Maybe some of you have tried serving the Lord Jesus before and have fallen back into your old sins. Now you feel bad; you feel guilty and ashamed. You might be afraid to try again for fear that you will be unable to stay faithful . . .
Try again. Trust again. Trust the Lord, not yourself.
Zech. 4:6 "Not by might, not by power but by my Spirit says the Lord."
Prov. 3:5-8 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. 7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. 8 This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.
He is able to keep you from falling. You are not able to do it in your own strength but He is able to keep you.
Maybe you know someone like this. Encourage them to trust the Lord.
Jesus said, . . . no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. (Jn. 10:29)
If you (they) have fallen He will help you (them) up again.
". . . though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again, . . ." (Pr. 24:16)
Because He Himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted. (Heb. 2:18)
(Because) He is able to sympathize with our weaknesses. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin. 16 Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. (Heb. 4:15-16)