Staff Picks of the Week:
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
1 John 2:6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked. NKJV
1 John 1:6-7 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, NKJV
Have you noticed children who walk like there parents? In St. Louis we had a man who walked with a little bit of a bounce. The balls of his feet were more involved in his walk than most of us. His son walked the same way.
In Mtn View the Doctor walked with kind of a saunter and glide. I went to visit his father in the Poplar Bluff Hospital, and saw a lady walking down the hall, and I said that is Doc. Roberts Mother. Sure enough, she went into Mr. Roberts room. She walked with saunter and glide.
We tend to walk like those important to us. If one is a Christian they need to walk like Jesus. The text challenges us to so walk.
1. The . . Purpose In Jesus Walk. John 8:29
"To please God."
A. Jesus . . Desired to Please the Father.
29 And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him." NKJV
John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. NKJV
John 17:4 I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. NKJV
B. We Must . . Desire to Please the Father.
2 Tim 2:4 No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier. NKJV
Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. NKJV
Illustration How do we Please God?
1. By exalting Jesus Christ, His Son (Matt 3:17; Col 1:15-19)
2. By proclaiming the message of the cross (I Cor 1:18-2:5)
3. By believing in God and his promises (Heb 11:6)
4. By asking for wisdom (1 Kings 3:10, Col 1:9-14; James 1:5-8)
5. By staying away from sexual sin (Eph 5:3,4,10; 1 Thes 4:1-8)
6. By sharing the gospel with unbelievers (I Cor 9:14-27, 10:31-33)
7. By giving to others in time of need (Phil 4:10-20; Heb 13:16)
8. By submitting to authority (Rom 8:7-8, Col 3:20; 1 John 3:22)9.
8. By praising God for all things (Ps 69:30-31; Heb 13:15-16)
David Hocking, Pleasing God.
2. The . . Practice In Jesus Walk. Luke 4:16
"To Worship God"
A. It was Jesus . . Practice to Worship Publically
Lk. 4:16 So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read. NKJV
B. We must Desire to . . Practice Public Worship.
Hebrews 10:25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching. NKJV
Illustration Wise you had been there.
After attending church one Sunday morning, a little boy knelt at his bedside that night and prayed, "Dear God, we had a good time at church todayóbut I wish you had been there!"Source unknown
The reasons why Iím giving up sports: football in the fall, baseball in the summer, basketball in the winter, and my bowling league. Iíve had
- Jesus Teachings
- All Sermons on Jesus Teachings
- Text Illustrations on Jesus Teachings
- Video Illustrations on Jesus Teachings
- PowerPoint Template on Jesus Teachings
- Scripture on Jesus Teachings
Join the discussion