Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
Due to the large amount of sermons and topics that appear on this site I feel it is necessary to post this disclaimer on all sermons posted. These sermons are original to the author and the leading of the Holy Spirit. While ideas and illustrations are often gleaned from many sources including those at Sermoncentral.com, any similarities and wording including sermon title, that may appear to be the same as any other sermon are purely coincidental. In instances where other minister’s wording is used, due recognition will be given. These sermons are not copyrighted and may be used or preached freely. May God richly bless you as you read these words. It is my sincere desire that all who read them may be enriched. All scriptures quoted in these sermons are copies and quoted from the Authorized King James Version of the Holy Bible.
Pastor James May
Mark 8:22-25, "And he cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him. And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought. And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking. After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly."
Mar 8:22 - And he cometh to Bethsaida and they bring a blind man unto him…
Christ had been here before, and was known by those who lived in this place; who, as soon as they heard of his arrival, and knowing what miracles were done by him, - they began to think of anyone who needed the touch of God. Thank the Lord they cared enough to think of others above themselves and pay the price to see that the needs of others were met. They brought a poor blind man, of their town, to him, to be cured by him.
…and besought him to touch him
Oh how many times have we seen the Lord touch a heart, a sick body or a sin-sick soul? We know who has the answer for every situation! We know who can heal the blinded eyes! We know who can raise the dead soul and give it new life! We know in whom we have believed and we have seen His miracle working power already! That’s why we can place our trust in Him and bring others to Him.
This man is an emblem of those who are spiritually blind. He had no natural sight at all. He could see nothing and did not have the least bit of light, or understanding of reality in this life, until he was touched by Christ.!
Men living in the realm of the flesh, are blind, and even become as part of the darkness itself through the power of sin, until they are made light by the Lord!
1) They have no sight, nor sense of themselves, of their sinful, lost, and dangerous estate and condition they are in.
2) They know not because they are blind, that they are wretched, and poor, and miserable, and naked.
3) They have no vision or understanding of Christ, neither of the glory of his person, nor of the fullness of his grace, nor of his salvation.
4) They are blind to any saving knowledge of God in Christ, the way of life and peace by him, and the work of the Spirit of God in the soul.
5) They know not the power of Gospel and have no vision of the glories of Heaven or of Hell.
I still believe that when a soul comes to Christ and that person begins to understand the ways of Righteousness
- Growth in Christ
- All Sermons on Growth in Christ
- Text Illustrations on Growth in Christ
- Video Illustrations on Growth in Christ
- PowerPoint Template on Growth in Christ
- Scripture on Growth in Christ
Join the discussion