Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
1. We should walk with consistency. In verse 27 Paul tells us to "let our conduct be worthy of the gospel." The word "conduct" is a word that refers to equal weight. In other words we are to let our conduct weight the same as our profession. Another translation might be “practice what you preach.”
* We should be consistent with our language.
* We should be consistent with our attitude.
* We should be consistent with our family life.
* We should be consisten with our moral life.
2. We should walk with stability. In verse 27 Paul encourages us to "stand fast."
A. We should stand fast in the face of hardship. Paul and the early believers faced much persecution.
B. We should stand fast when we are discouraged.
3. We should walk in unity. There was a problem with dis-unity in the church at Philippi. Paul encourages them to stand fast "in one spirit, with one mind striving together." The word “strive” is the word from which we get the word athletic. In other words believers are to work together in a spirit of team-work. Many people have been harmed by division and disharmony in the body of Christ.
4. We should walk with courage. Paul speaks of "striving together for the faith of the gospel." Paul was in chains when he wrote Philippians. He displayed a courage for the gospel. As we courageously stand up for Jesus we walk in a way that communicates a clear message to others.
A. We should be courageous in our testimony.
B. We should be courageous in our words.
As we fulfill these four obligations we will walk in a way to avoid stepping on other’s souls. God wants us to protect our testimony.
- All Sermons on Disciples
- Text Illustrations on Disciples
- Video Illustrations on Disciples
- PowerPoint Template on Disciples
- Scripture on Disciples
- Related Sermons
- Sermons related to Philippians 1:27-1:30
- All sermons from Tim Patrick
- Sermons on Testimony
- Sermons on Faith
Join the discussion