Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
What is a Cat?
1. Cats do what they want.
2. They rarely listen to you.
3. Theyíre totally unpredictable.
4. When you want to play, they want to be alone.
5. When you want to be alone, they want to play.
6. They expect you to cater to their every whim.
7. Theyíre moody.
8. They leave hair everywhere.
CONCLUSION: Theyíre tiny women in little fur coats.
What is a Dog?
1. Dogs spend all day sprawled on the most comfortable piece of furniture in the house.
2. They can hear a package of food being opened half a block away, but donít hear you when youíre in the same room.
3. They can look dumb and lovable all at the same time.
4. They growl when they are not happy.
5. They leave their toys everywhere.
6. When you want to play, they want to play.
7. When you want to be alone, they want to play.
CONCLUSION: Theyíre tiny men in little fur coats.
Isnít that true?
Welcome to We-Harmony.com. Weíre talking about relationships. Today is Sentimental Journey, and weíre talking about how to make it long-term. I wanted to kind of sum up what a good relationship takes and recognize those who have made it.
Itís not easy.
A grandmother overheard her 5-year-old granddaughter playing "wedding." The wedding vows went like this:
"You have the right to remain silent, anything you say may be held against you. You have the right to have an attorney present. You may kiss the bride."
We are going to recognize the long term marriages in here later. Can you imagine doing that in a crowd this size -- 30 years ago?
Itís a different world we live in.
I was talking with a bride about a unity candle once. I love having that as a part of the ceremony. It really signifies the whole relationship. But this bride was confused, (I donít remember who it was and donít know if she still goes here -- so if itís you, just play dumb), because they also make 5, 10, 25, and 50 year anniversary candles that are the same, and she evidently had seen only them and asked me, "So, does that represent how long you want to be married? Donít they make a FOREVER CANDLE?"
I know that many of you in this room have experience a marriage not making it, a great percentage actually. And some of you here today wonít make it.
Iím not here to make you feel bad. You didnít want your marriage to end either. But honestly -- MAKING IT -- IS NOT the issue. I know there are a lot of people that were married for 50 years and they arenít even remotely concerned about going to heaven or hell, because they figure theyíve already been in hell.
If we could be honest...
There was a couple at a wedding reception for a sixtieth wedding anniversary. You know, they were getting kind of hard of hearing. The woman makes a toast. She says, "After sixty years Iíve found you tried and true. The husband went, "What did she say?" She said, "After sixty years, Iíve found you tried and true." He said "What?" She
- Marriage: General
- All Sermons on Marriage: General
- Text Illustrations on Marriage: General
- Video Illustrations on Marriage: General
- PowerPoint Template on Marriage: General
- Scripture on Marriage: General
- Related Sermons
- Sermons related to Matthew 22:37-22:40
- All sermons from Tim Harlow
- Sermons on relationships
- Sermons on Love
- Sermons on Commitment
Join the discussion