Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
WHEN GOD IS ENOUGH
EXODUS 12:31-42; 13:17-14
Set up the story
Reread Exodus 5:22-6:12
In the midst of tragedy it so hard to see the hand of God! But God is enough, even when struggles come our way that we cannot or ever will be able to comprehend.
God now has Moses and the people of Israel in the place of attention…
Pours out his plagues on the Egyptians.
The plague of blood
The plague of frogs
The plague of gnats
The plague of flies
The plague of livestock—all of the Egyptian livestock died
The plague of boils
The plague of hail
The plague of locust
The plague of darkness
The plague on the firstborn
Read text: 12:31-42
Say: not enough; just enough; more than enough
LOOK WHAT GOD DID…
1) THEY WENT FROM SLAVES WHO HAD NOTHING, TO BEING FILTHY RICH IN JUST ONE MOMENT.
A) How long had they been in Egypt’s bondage?
a) 430 years—
B) When God delivered them, how many of God’s chosen people left?
a) All of them
C) Get this
a) When they arrived in Egypt 430 years earlier it was during the time of a famine.
b) When they came, they came starving—they didn’t have enough
c) But when the Egyptians opened the grain storage bins to them they had just enough.
d) But they became slaves and lost their position, and went back to not enough
(1) Not enough standing
(2) Not enough resources
(3) Not enough straw…
e) But when God stepped in to redeem them how much did they have?
(1) More than enough
f) How did they get to be in this position?
(1) God did it—and God alone!!
D) Without God inherently involved in our lives we will never have enough.
a) But with God it will always be an abundance’
b) He took them out of Egypt in one day
c) They left with more possessions than they could have ever accumulated on their own.
E) Preaching point…
You think at this point that they got it—right?
I mean, God is a God who takes us from not enough to more than enough. We have seen it happen right?
Use personal illustrations…
How do we get to see God in our lives today?
How does God show us that He is enough?
But the Israelites are not afraid –right? I mean they have seen the awesome powerful hand of God at work.
2) GOD IS CONSTANTLY PUTTING US IN PLACES SO THAT WE CAN BE REMINDED OF HIS GLORY AND POWER.
A) Read: 14:11-12
B) God took the Israelites out of Egypt in one day—its going to take him 40 years to get Egypt out of the Israelites.
3) INSTEAD OF DOUBTING GOD, WE NEED TO LOOK AT OPPORTUNITIES FOR GOD TO WORK AS BLESSINGS IN OUR LIFE.
A) There is a clarion call from the Lord
B) Read 13-16
a) Stand firm
(1) When the Devil has you backed into a corner and you’re on your last leg—don’t whine; stand firm.
(2) We need to remember the past—remember our purpose
(3) (if time) relate story of Nehemiah…
b) Watch God
(1) You will never see this problem again..
(a) Is there anyone here this morning who is fighting against the devil over something that you would like to never see again??
(2) The Lord will do what you can never do
(a) The Lord will fight for you…
(3) Listen carefully…
(a) You need only to be still
c) Move on
(1) When God does a work—then it is time by faith to move on.
The title of this sermon is, “When God is Enough”
There are times in our
- God Brings Purpose
- All Sermons on God Brings Purpose
- Text Illustrations on God Brings Purpose
- Video Illustrations on God Brings Purpose
- PowerPoint Template on God Brings Purpose
- Scripture on God Brings Purpose
Join the discussion