Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he
January 6, 2001
The late Supreme Court Justice Oliver Holmes was on a train when the conductor came through collecting tickets. Holmes couldnít find his ticket and became rather distraught. The conductor tried to console him by saying, "Mr. Holmes, donít worry. When you find your ticket, just mail it in. We trust you." Mr. Holmes responded in frustration, "My dear man, thatís not my problem. I need my ticket to tell me where Iím going."
We all need to know where it is that weíre going.
When people become settled in their lives and in their ministry, they tend to become complacent
1. "I donít care" attitude -- leads to a miserable life.
2. Who wants a miserable life?
A. This is a new year --- 2001. Time for new goals and resolutions.
1. Itís an exciting time to be a part of the church.
2. A church where the people love one another
3. A church that has truly been blessed.
4. But a church where many people around us still need Christ.
B. This is a time to look ahead with confidence.
1. A time to have a vision for what God would have us do during this next year.
2. A time to expect the very best that God has to offer.
3. A time to build our church.
C. In order to build the kingdom, we need to have a vision.
1. Where there is no vision, no preachers who preach, no teachers to teach the good news of the Lord, no grace, there is no open vision.
2. Where there is no vision the people perish.
We need to do as God has commanded and Go out and teach our community the message of the Gospel, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
I. Our vision should build the kingdom thru EVANGELISM.
10:1 After these things the Lord appointed seventy others also, and sent them two by two before His face into every city and place where He Himself was about to go. 2 Then He said to them, "The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest. 3 Go your way; behold, I send you out as lambs among wolves. NKJV
A. These people had a vision to spread the gospel to a lost and dying world.
1. We tend to think there were only 12 disciples sent out and chosen by Jesus: here we see another 70.
A. How many is in our church???
B. You canít share what you donít have.
2. These people were not better qualified to go than anyone else.
3. They werenít better educated or more capable than anyone else was.
4. They were just like any other Christian.
5. But they were willing..... And as they went, they went in the power of the name of Jesus with a vision to reach people for Christ!!
A. Christianity is 10% ability and 90% availability.
6. Jesus told them that "the harvest is truly great" but thereís not enough people to help.
7. People, we need to get busy sharing our faith in Christ to our community around us.
A. Small Church can change the world....... This was Fred Doergeís 1st church.
Fred has won thousands upon thousands to the Lord.
8. We should be using our talents and dedicate our skills to "kingdom building."
B. Evangelism is Vital to our existence as a church.
1. We need to bring people to hear
- All Sermons on Unity
- Text Illustrations on Unity
- Video Illustrations on Unity
- PowerPoint Template on Unity
- Scripture on Unity
Join the discussion