Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
10. Then the word of the Lord came to Samuel saying,
11. I regret that I have made Saul king, for he has turned back from following me and has not followed out my commands. And Samuel was distressed and cried out to the Lord all night.
12. Samuel rose early in the morning to meet Saul; and it was told Samuel, saying, Saul came to Carmel, and behold he set up a monument for himself, then turned and proceeded on down to Gilgal.
13. Samuel came to Saul, and Saul said to him, blessed are you of the Lord! I have carried out the command of the Lord.
14. But Samuel said, What then is this bleating of the sheep in my ears, and the lowing of oxen which I hear?
15. Saul said, They have brought them from the Amalekites, for the people spared the best of the sheep and oxen to sacrifice to the Lord your God; but the rest we have utterly destroyed.
16. Then Samuel said to Saul, wait, and let me tell you what the Lord said to me last night. And he said to him speak!
17. Samuel said it is not true, though you were little in your own eyes; you were made the head of the tribes of Israel? And the Lord anointed you king over the tribes of Israel,
18. And the Lord sent you on a mission, and said, Go and utterly destroy the sinners, the Amalekites, and fight against them until they are exterminated.
19. Why did you not obey the voice of the Lord, but rushed upon the spoil and did what was evil in the sight of the Lord?
20. Then Saul said to Samuel, I did obey the voice of the Lord, and went on the mission on which the Lord sent me, and have brought back Agag, the king of Amalek, and have utterly destroyed the Amalekites.
21. But the people took some of the spoil, sheep and oxen, the choicest of the things devoted to destruction, to sacrifice to the
Lord your God at Gilgal.
22. Samuel said, Has the Lord as much delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, And to heed than the fat of rams.
23. For rebellion is as the sin of divination, And insubordination is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, He has also rejected you from being king.
We live in a world where it’s alright to do what you want to do.
We live in a world where it’s alright to say what you want to say.
We live in a world that it’s alright to act any way you want to.
We have the mentality, it will be O.K.
If we’re professing Christians this morning,
If we’re blood bought,
And if we’re redeemed of the Lord, I’ve a message for you, NO ITS NOT!
We cannot expect God to bless us when we act like the world.
As a born-again believer, I’m supposed to be Christ-like, not world-like.
Witchcraft, who me???
Could witchcraft be coming from me?
1 Samuel 15:1-9 (NAS)
1. Then Samuel said to Saul, “The Lord sent me to anoint you as king over His people, over Israel; now therefore, listen to the words of the Lord.
2. Thus says the Lord of hosts, “I will punish Amelek for what he did to Israel, how he set himself against him on the way while he was coming up from Egypt.
3. Now go and strike Amelek and utterly destroy all that he has, and do not spare him; but put to death both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.
4. Then Saul summoned the people and and numbered them in Telaim , 200,000foot soldiers and 10,000 men
- All Sermons on Demons
- Text Illustrations on Demons
- Video Illustrations on Demons
- PowerPoint Template on Demons
- Scripture on Demons
Join the discussion