Woman of God
Sermon shared by Stephen Funderburk
Summary: qualifications of women of God
Denomination: Assembly of God
Audience: General adults
About Sermon Contributor
Intro: over the years we have all become familiar with certain slogans that go with a particular company. Burger King—have it your way. Tide—it gets the dirt out. Texaco—you can trust your car to the man who wears the star. Ford company states: the quality goes in before the name goes on. What does that mean? You know something by it’s quality. We have a description of a woman of God in Proverbs 31—to be a woman of God you must possess certain qualities in your life. So using Proverbs 31, we will look at the qualities of a woman of God.
Woman of God
( The quality goes in, before the name goes on)
Background: here is a very detailed list of all the qualities that it takes to be a woman of God. Today, I would like to concentrate on a few that I think summarize what it is to be a woman of God.
I. She is valuable in who she is, and what she does—v.10 she is worth a lot more than jewels. I love this description, because so many people place great value in gold, silver, diamonds, emeralds and rubies. But a woman of God is more valuable and more needed than any material things.
· She is valuable to the home—without her the place would be chaos. She is the glue that keeps it all together. She knows where everything is, she knows how to do anything, she can hear many conversations at the same time, she can cook, clean, help with school, feed the pets, water the plants, all in the twinkling of an eye. She is faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than 25 loads of clothes, she is able to leap a dog, cat, or toddler in a single bound.
· She is valuable to the community—she is the volunteer network for every organization. She leads every fund raiser, she helps with every activity, without her the event would get cancelled.
· She is valuable to the church, without her talents, gifts, prayers, consistency, leadership, the church would surely fail.
Today is Mother’s Day, we honor our Mother’s and we honor the women of God who make Bethel Worship Center a special place to be.
II. Her husband is proud of her—v.23 when he sits at the gate he is known for what a great wife he has.
· Today we are proud of our wives, today we acknowledge that without you, where would we be.
· We are so thankful that you carry our name, that you were willing to give your life to us, and we are so glad that the two can become one. Some people say she gave the best years of her love to us, she basically has given her entire life to us, and today we are thankful for her.
· Today—we know how lucky we were to get someone like you, your Momma expected you to do a lot better, but out of your compassion and love, you chose us.
· The greatest thrill in our lives is that out of all the million’s of guys out there, we married the prettiest, smartest, greatest of them all.
· Today, Husbands love your wives as Christ loved the church. Let her know today she is the best thing that ever happened to you.
III. Her Children say, Momma is the best—v.28
Today children are here and they know for a fact, they got the best Mom in the world. No one can cook just like her, no one knows how to kiss the pain away.
· Mother’s today is your day, you are the best. Your children today are here to say, Mom, you’re number one. There is no one like you. An angel came to earth to bring a few beautiful things back to heaven. The angel took back
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion