Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
TEXT: 2 Timothy. 3:16-17; Psalm 117:2; Mark. 13:31
1. The Bible is the Book of Books.
2. It is the rock upon which Christianity is built.
3. It is the Declaration of Independence from ignorance and superstition.
4. It is the Emancipation Proclamation of the souls of men and woman.
5. Four great men did much to give the Bible to everyone:
1) John Wycliffe, who translated the Bible
2) John Huss, who died a martyr to vindicate its right to be studied
3) Johannes Gutenberg, who first printed it
4) Martin Luther, who made it the theme of his preaching
6. It is God’s Inspired WORD to MAN.
I. THE WONDER OF ITS DIVINE REVELATION.
A. Man had to have a divine revelation
B. Psa. 19:1-3
C. The creation needed to know what the creator required of him/her (Mal. 3:8; Matt. 4:4).
1. Where he came from.
2. His nature.
3. His purpose in being here.
4. Is there something after death?
D. God supplied these needs by revelation.
E. God spoke (Heb. 1:1).
F. Holy men wrote. (1 Peter 1:21; 2 Tim. 3:16; 1 Cor. 2:12, 13).
II. THE WONDER_OF ITS FRESHNESS.
A. Man never tires of reading and hearing its truths.
B. Like the widow’s oil and meal that nourished Elijah, it is a fountain that never runs dry.
C. Millions of sermons have been preached from its texts
D. Thousands of book, and poems have been inspired by its words.
E. It is more studied than any other book.
F. More commentaries have been written upon it.
G. Caesars, kings, infidels, modernists, and atheists have attacked it relentlessly, and it remains forever.
H. It is:
1. The bread of life
2. The water of life
3. The light of world
4. The sword of the spirit
5. God’s divine revelation (Psa. 119: 11)
III. THE WONDER OF ITS AMAZING UNITY
A. It was written”
1. On two continents
2. In three languages
3. Across sixteen centuries.
B. It was written
1. by forty men: Judges, Kings, Priests, Prophets? Ministers, Herdsmens, scribes? Soldiers, Physician and Fishermen.
C. It was written:
1. In tents, dungeons, palaces, deserts, cities,
D. It was written:
1. In time of danger and joy
E. The Bible deals with mans deepest needs.
1. Genesis – the creation and the fall.
2. Old Testament – prophecy
3. Gospels – basis of redemption.
4. Acts – God’s plan in saving man
5. Epistles – how man should live
6. Revelation – the victory of the redeemed over the world at the coming of Christ.
IV. THE WONDER OF ITS UNIQUE TEACHING.
A. Its histories and biographies are true and impartial.
1. God revealed Abraham’s lie, Moses’ rebellions, Aaron’s cowardliness, David’s adultery and Peter’s denial.
2. God does not whitewash his servants.
B. Its teaching about man is unique.
1. Instead of currying favor with man, the Bible informs man that he is lost and doomed. Psa. 39:5; Rom. 3:10, 23; Eccl. 7:20.
2. Man is dependent on God. Jer. 10: 23.
C. Its teaching on sin is unique.
1. Men tend to ignore it, deny it, minimize it, justifyit.
2. God presents it as grievous, deceitfull, damning and bringing death
D. Its teaching is authoritative.
1. it is the final court of appeal.
2. It must settle every religious problem, it must not be rejected. John 12: 48; Matt. 28:18; Rev. 22:18,19.
V. THE WONDER OF ITS POWER IN THE LIVES OF MEN
A. The word of God is quick and powerful (Heb. 4:12).
B. It operates, moves,
- Bible: Influence
- All Sermons on Bible: Influence
- Text Illustrations on Bible: Influence
- Video Illustrations on Bible: Influence
- PowerPoint Template on Bible: Influence
- Scripture on Bible: Influence
Join the discussion