Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
The stone in the passage talks about the word of God.
2. Must be RUST FREE
An axe must not get rusted; otherwise, it becomes blunt and will not be able to chop anything. Rust in the life of a Christian, could be in many forms. Any atom of worldliness leads to impurity and hinders person from prospering in the things of God. Some of the impurities include:
1. Instinctive addiction to food, sleep, drugs etc
2. Sin: Disobedience against the words of God, either spoken or written would make the axe head to be blunt.
3. Pride: When you allow what you have to get into your heads, you can run yourself blunt as Godís battle axe.
4. Inordinate love for the opposite sex: Many people started on the right track with God but fell out because of this sin. Solomon was lured away from God by strange women and he sinned against God. Samson was prophesied into being and he was a special child dedicated unto God. He was powerful but gave himself up to a strange woman, who betrayed him and died with his enemies.
Anyone that is not pure in his or her heart and deeds, is not worthy of being a battle-axe in the hands of God. The eyes of God cannot behold sin and He cannot share His children with the world and the devil.
3.Must pass through FIRE
An axe is made from metal; for it to get its shape, the metal-smith puts the metal in fire and hits hard on it, to shape-shift it, So also are human beings in the hands of God.
If you must become Godís battle-axe, passing through fire becomes non-negotiable. Passing through fire might not be pleasant but in the end, it makes a person a better vessel. Passing through fire could be trials, temptations, hardship etc. Sometimes, a person passes through fire without knowing why, until God promotes him or her.
A person could be a battle-axe and then become blunt. He or she could be rendered invalid, if he or she is not careful. The personís story will now be ďin those daysÖĒ
WHY DOES GOD WANT YOU TO BE A BATTLE AXE?
The answer to the question above could be found in our main text;
1. To break nations into pieces.
2. To destroy the kingdom of darkness.
3. To destroy demonic agents.
4. To destroy satanic principles and practices.
Except you are a battle-axe in the hands of God, you cannot do the above mentioned things. Being Godís battle-axe, takes more than church attendance. You have to start from the starting point, which is an encounter with the Lord, before you can grow and groom yourself into being useful and useable in His hands.
Keep yourself sharp at all times. Remember:
If the iron be blunt, and he do not whet the edge, then must he put to more strength: but wisdom is profitable to direct.
See you on the winning side. Shalom!
- Giving: Yourself
- All Sermons on Giving: Yourself
- Text Illustrations on Giving: Yourself
- Video Illustrations on Giving: Yourself
- PowerPoint Template on Giving: Yourself
- Scripture on Giving: Yourself
Join the discussion