You Have An Appointment
Sermon shared by Bo Dunford
Summary: There are two appointments you can keep and two you will keep.
Audience: General adults
About Sermon Contributor
HEB. 9:27 “YOU HAVE AN APPOINTMENT”
A) God has made some appointments with every person in this world!
* In fact, there are four appointments that God has made with everybody that I want to preach on
this morning. * Two of theses appointments you can keep ... Two of them you will keep!
* Let’s consider these appointments today .......
(1) CONVERSION! * Acts 3:19 “Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may ...”
* John 6:44 “No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him:”
* John 6:65 “... no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.”
* Young truck driver killed ... Old man in Ozark Mountains in Arkansas .......
* Prov. 29:1 “He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, ...”
A) What is a conversion? * Not reformation ... Not joining a church ... Not baptism ...
* It is a turning about ... It’s a change ... It means to repent and turn – Isa. 55:7 .......
* “Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto
the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.”
B) What is man’s part in this? * Conditional ... Rom. 10:9-10; 13 “That if thou shalt ...”
* What will be the results? * Salvation and power ... A changed life!
C) What if I put it off and wait ... Or what if I cancel this appointment?
* If you do, you may lose all hope of ever being converted!
* Prov. 1:23-31 “Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make
known my words unto you. Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand,
and no man regarded; But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as
desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon
you. Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall
not find me: For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.”
* Isa. 55:6 “Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:”
(2) THE LORD’S DAY! * Psa. 122:1 “I was glad when they said unto me, let us go into .......”
A) People are proving every day that they don’t have to keep this appointment!
* “Preacher, what’s so important about the Lord’s Day?”
B) Well, first of all, you have an appointment to worship God on the Lord’s Day!
* John 4:23-24 “But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the
Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and
they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.”
C) Second: You have an appointment to be spiritually fed!
* In 1 Cor. 3:1-2, Paul speaks of being fed with milk and meat of the Word of God!
* Acts 20:7 “And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread,
Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until ...”
* These things help us to grow in Christ!
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion