You Must Accept The Blessing!
Sermon shared by Chris Norton
Summary: Before we can recieve a blessing from God we must first accept the blessings He has given.
Audience: General adults
About Sermon Contributor
Accept The Blessings of God
1. Praise the Lord this morning! Christians ought to praise God. I hear all the time people want to receive blessings from God. I am here to tell you this morning that God wants to bless you. God even has a special blessing for you! The problem is people do not accept the blessings when they come. If you want to receive a blessing you must accept the blessing that God sends.
Genesis 12:2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
2. You see now I have been telling some of you for a long time that to receive a blessing you must first be a blessing. Even the gospel tells us He will bless us and we will be a blessing.
3. God wants to bless you this morning the problem is too many of us want the blessing we don’t want to have to do anything in return for the blessing I want you to know that God said over in Deuteronomy 16 verse 17.
Deuteronomy 16:17 Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the LORD thy God which he hath given thee.
1. Are you giving according to your ability this morning? I know what some of you are thinking. Here we go it’s all about the money. Yes you should be giving God his part but no it’s not about money. It’s about caring for your neighbor. God has blessed you today by forgiving you of your sins. Isn’t that wonderful? Then why don’t you share that with another lost soul?
Deuteronomy 28:2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.
2. You want to receive the blessings today then you must hear what God has told you already. God said love thy neighbor even as thy self. Treat people with respect give God what is his and listen when he speaks to you. You know sometimes it’s just some small gesture God’s wants you to make and because of your selfishness you don’t. Not only do you miss out on that blessing but now some lost soul may miss out on heaven and their blood is on your hands. Look at what the Bible says in
1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
3. If we walk in the light and have fellowship one with another then he will cleanse us of our sins. Isn’t that a blessing? Then why want you accept it? All you have to do to accept that blessing is walk in the light and the light is Jesus. Didn’t he say I am the truth and the light? Well preacher that was sounding good then you had to go and ruin it. Sorry for you but there is only one way to receive and accept the blessings of God and that is to obey his will. And that means walking a path of righteousness. He said in the word all who come to me that are heavy burdened I will give them rest. He did not say maybe he said I will. You must come to Jesus with a pure heart. What is that you ask? A pure heart is when you can honestly say to self and Jesus I just want to be saved, I don’t need riches or worldly treasures I just need you Lord.
Psalms 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
4. God wants to give you the blessing of comfort. David said yea though I walk through the valley of the
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion