THE EVIL LOAD
Dr. D. K. Olukoya
Matthew11:28-30 “Come unto me (an invitation) all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me for I am meek and lowly in heart and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
From these three verses of Scripture we learn a few lessons:
1. There are people who are labouring under demonic bondage.
2. There are those who are carrying heavy burdens.
3. There are those who have the yoke of the enemy upon their necks.
4. There is only one Person who can break the yoke and remove the burden.
5. When He has finished removing the burden and breaking the yoke, He will now give you His own yoke and place His burden upon you.
6. His own yoke is easy and His own burden is light.
A version of the Bible, called “Good News For Modern Man,” puts it this way: “All you who work hard, all you who carry heavy load, come to me I will give you rest; do what I tell you, learn what I teach you, I am gentle. I am not proud; lay your heart to rest. What I tell you to do is easy, what I give you to carry is not heavy.” It is said in a very simple manner; “Come unto me all you who are tired of carrying heavy load and I will give you rest. The yoke I will give you is easy and the burden I will put upon you is light.”
Jesus spoke about heavy load. A lot of people are unconsciously carrying loads on their heads. If God opens your eyes spiritually, you would see all kinds of strange things. Some people in the streets are carrying coffins on their heads; some are carrying rags on their heads. These are the kinds of loads Jesus was talking about; it was not physical loads. Many have yokes upon them but they don’t know. The bottom line is this: if you do not carry the load and yoke of Jesus, you will carry the devil’s own; there is no neutral position. If you say, “I don’t believe in God and I don’t believe in the devil,” you will carry the yoke of the devil. It is as simple as that. Anything that the enemy places on you and you do not know about it would be doing havoc to you.
Put your right hand on your head and take this prayer point: “My destiny, co-operate with your Creator by fire, in the name of Jesus.”
The Bible makes us to understand that a person can carry a load that does not belong to him. It also makes us to understand that evil may be planned for somebody and one way or the other, someone else goes there to use his head to carry that evil. The way the spiritual world operates is this: once an evil has been determined, it must be carried out. The spirits in charge must perform their functions. Likewise God says, “The word that I speak shall go and prosper in that which I asked it to do; it shall not came back to me void.” It is the same thing. So, when evil has been programmed, it must happen to someone. I shall not carry any evil load, in Jesus’ name.
Isaiah 58: 5-6: , “Is it such fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? Is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? Wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the Lord? Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?” The Bible agrees that there are some heavy burdens and with fasting and prayers you can discard them.
Galatians 2:18: “If I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.” Everything the Lord has helped to pull down in my life, all the sins of the past that have gone, He says that if I begin to build them again, I make myself a transgressor. So, a person will carry an evil load once he begins to build up again what the Lord has helped him to destroy. Such a person becomes a transgressor. I Timothy 5: 22 says, “Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men’s sins. Keep thyself pure.” This means that you do not lay hands on somebody anyhow, if you do, you may share the person’s problem. There have been cases where people laid hands on people and things were transferred to them. I know a man of God who laid hands on somebody and as he was praying, he noticed that something was entering his own hands from the person’s head. He could feel the thing moving like a serpent through his hand. He called the person back, asked him to kneel down again, placed his hand on him again and said, “Go back to your sender.” And the thing went back to its owner. He would have carried an evil load.
Lamentation 5:7:“Our fathers have sinned and are not and we have borne their iniquities.” That is, a person may be carrying the load of his forefathers, a person may be settling his grandfather’s bill; a person can carry a load that does not belong to him. Habakkuk 2: 6:, “Shall not all these take up a parable against him, and a taunting proverb against him, and say, Woe to him that increaseth that which is not his! how long? and to him that ladeth himself with thick clay!” So, you can see that a person may be going about with other people’s load without knowing.
HOW CAN AN EVIL PROPERTY BE ACQUIRED?
You can buy it: Some people buy their bondage and put it on.
You can borrow it: Some people borrow bondage and put it on.
You can steal it: People steal bondage and put it on.
You can inherit it: People inherit bondage and put it on.
It can come to you as a gift: People get a lot of evil free gifts and then trouble starts. It is exactly the same thing in the spiritual world.
Psalm 91: 5-6: “Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night nor for the arrow that flieth by day, nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.” It means that the devil throws trouble around. A person may refuse to partake or may decide to partake in it.
It is unfortunate but I am sorry to let you know that there are many people who are carrying evil loads that do not belong to them. Sometime ago, at a crusade, we were praying one prayer point that says, “Any owner of evil load, carry your load, in the name of Jesus.” There was a 39-year old sister there who had never experienced her menstrual period. She went to the back and started praying seriously. All of a sudden, God opened her eyes and she saw a big bundle of load by her side, and there was an angel standing by talking to a short old woman. The angel said, “Carry your load,” and the woman said, “No!” By this time the temper of the angel was rising. He said, “I say, carry your load.” The woman said, “But I am dead.” The angel said, “Come, I am going to say this one more time and I do not intent to repeat myself. I did not ask you whether you are alive or dead, what I say is carry your load.” Reluctantly, the woman picked up the load and walked off. By the time the prayer ended, blood was already dripping down the legs of the sister. She was carrying an evil load.
Please, pray this one too: “Every owner of evil load, what are you waiting for? Carry your load, in the name of Jesus.”
The enemy uses some small techniques to let people carry the load that does not belong to them. What are these techniques?
1. Bad confession: Immediately you say, “I am sick,” you have signed a package. The devil is a bad postmaster, he will put the stamps on the person. Twelve people were sent to spy the Promised Land. Ten came back with bad report. Look at what the Lord says in Numbers 14:28: “Say unto them, as truly as I live saith the Lord, as ye have spoken in mine ears, so will I do to you.” Those people said that they were like grasshoppers and God said, “Okay, that is what you said with your mouth; this load does not belong to you but since you said you want it, you should carry it.”
Once a person begins to say, “I shall not die but live to declare the works of God,” he remains alive. But the moment you begin to carry a paper saying, “This is the song we are going to sing during the burial ceremony, this is the person that will render a special number,” you have signed your package. The load will now belong to you legally and satan can now enforce the load on you. It is very sad that a lot of people kill themselves everyday and accept evil loads with their mouths.
2. Provoking God: Another way that the enemy gives people evil load is by instigating them to provoke the angels of God. Matthew 18:10 says, “Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, that their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.” So, we all have guardian angels. But then, angels can be provoked. Exodus 23: 20–21 says, “Behold I send an angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions. For my name is in him.” The Lord said they should not provoke the angels. Those of them above 20 years old died in the wilderness; they provoked the angels.
Lot’s wife provoked the angels. Zechariah the father of John the Baptist, provoked the angels. The angel said, “Thus says the Lord,” and Zechariah said, “No, it is not possible.” Gabriel then stopped Zechariah from speaking in doubt. God did not send him to make Zechariah dumb but the angel said, “Okay, you shall become dumb until these things come to pass.” So Zechariah carried a load that did not belong to him. It would be better for many people to be dumb for three or four weeks while working on important projects so that they do not destroy the projects with their own mouths.
Once you provoke your angel, he will deal with you. An angel can cause a disease or death, depending on how much you provoke him. Angels are not human beings and do not have to forgive anybody anything. When you go to where angels do not want you to go, you provoke them to deal with you. Zechariah carried the load of dumbness, which did not belong to him.
3. Foolish curiosity: Another way that people can carry a load that does not belong to them is what I call ‘foolish curiosity.’ Just like the Philistines in the Bible. They were curious to see what was inside the ark of the Lord and they paid dearly for it. Believers should not stand around watching magicians in the streets. Believers should not stand around watching juju (charm) hawkers to find out what they are saying. Many people get into trouble by wanting to try this, and wanting to try that. Many people follow their friends to herbalists not because they want to consult the herbalists. They just want to stand by to see what would happen. Sometimes, the herbalists turn to them and begin to prophesy evil to them.
4. Fighting alone when you know you have little power: People can pick up evil load by fighting alone when they know that they have little power. There is a time to take over and there is a time to take cover. Moses wanted to take over when he was supposed to take cover and we saw what happened to him. You should not follow anybody to idol places, or to swear before idols. Christians do not follow people to necromancers. Christians do not go to watch worldly films at public theatres.
The New Testament does not teach us to be going about visiting prophets. As godly as Abraham was, when he went down to Egypt, he had problem. So, when you go to the wrong place, you will have problems. There are some people who are fond of roaming about the houses of all sorts of prophets, and they collect arrows all over. Those who are fond of roaming around should be very careful so that they do not carry the load that they are not supposed to have. People who are fond of roaming about their hometowns when they do not have adequate power carry unwanted load. Some people rush to their home towns at any small thing, when they do not have power.
5. Evil friends: People pick up evil luggage by following evil friends. The Bible says that evil communication corrupts good manners. Many are in trouble today because of the friends they keep. If your childhood friend is not born again, you should severely limit that kind of friendship. Many ladies are living a confused life now because of their friends. Friends have let them into bondage and these friends they cannot find any more. Any close friendship with a child of the devil will make you carry other people’s load.
Sometime ago, a certain woman noticed that her friend was becoming very rich. She was buying cars and was prosperous. She went to the friend and asked her to show her the way to become rich too. She took her to one herbalist somewhere who did something for her and asked her to put it under her seat in her shop to enable her to have good patronage. She took the thing and did as she was told. The first day, she made very good sales. She was amazed and she rejoiced, but by the time she got home that first day, she found her son rolling on the floor. He was saying, “Mummy, I want to die. Something is pulling my throat.” The woman began to cry. Her friend who took her to the herbalist came, and finding the boy on the floor and the mother crying, she said, “Ah, why are you crying? Don’t cry. This is the price to pay for what you want. Did you not notice that when I did my own, my first son died? So, what is the problem? This one has to go if you want money. You still have two more, let this one go and enjoy your life.” The woman said, “no” and asked her friend to take her back to the herbalist. There she told the herbalist that she was no longer interested. The herbalist got angry and said, “But I asked you if your friend told you the price.” She said, “She did not tell me.” The man asked her to bring certain things so that he would reverse what he did. This cost her all the money she made on the first day. When you follow evil friends, you get into serious trouble. Many unwanted loads are pursuing people all over the place.
6. Dreams: Many unwanted loads are transferred through dreams. People get fed with all kinds of food in the dream and when they wake up, trouble starts.
7. Accidentally: People can pick up unwanted load accidentally. They unknowingly walk into the trap of the enemy and problem begins to happen.
A long time ago, a certain lady was going to fetch water and met some men who asked her to kindly tell them where they could find the National Stadium and she described it to them. They said, “Oh, you are a wonderful girl, bring your palm and let us read it for you.” She gave them her palm and they made the sign of the cross on it, and asked her to turn it upside down and when she did, she saw the mark at the back of her hand. From that moment she got carried away and these men raped her, took her home and instructed her to give them all her mother’s property. It was after she had given them the last item that she came to herself. She had to go through very serious deliverance.
8.By inheritance: A person can pick up unwanted luggage by inheritance. The heaviest burden that many people carry is most times ancestral in nature.
1. Confess your sins to the Lord.
2. Command the satanic burdens to be removed, in the name of Jesus.
3. Ask the owners of the loads to carry their loads.
4. Pray that the angels of God should enforce the instructions.
5. Pray that whatsoever the enemy has destroyed in your life before you found Christ should be repaired.
Many people around are under very heavy burdens. Some see the burden, while some do not; some understand it while some do not. How can somebody who has a boiling pot on his or her head fulfil his or her destiny? Likewise, somebody who has a mortar on the head and they are pounding something inside it cannot fulfil his or her divine destiny. You must pray aggressively for owners of evil load to carry their loads.
1. Every owner of witchcraft load, what are you waiting for? Carry your load by fire, in the name of Jesus.
2. Lord, let the anointing that breaks the yoke begin to come upon my life now, in the name of Jesus.
3. Let heavy burdens be removed from my life, in the name of Jesus.
4. All the powers of the emptiers that have been programmed into my body, I order you to depart now, in the name of Jesus.
5. Every owner of poverty load, carry your load by fire, in the name of Jesus.
6. Every owner of evil load, carry your load, in the name of Jesus.
7. My destiny, reject every evil load, in the name of Jesus.
8. Every personal Red Sea, divide, in the name of Jesus.
9. Every personal Pharaoh, drown, in the name of Jesus.
10. Every local and personal Goliath, die, in the name of Jesus.
11. In the presence of those laughing me to scorn, my Father, manifest your power, in the name of Jesus.
12. Anointing that breaks the yoke, break my yokes now, in the name of Jesus.
13. Every bird and cat of darkness targeted against my dwelling, die, in the name of Jesus.
14. Every enemy of my testimony, I command you to die, in the name of Jesus.
15. Let the God of Elijah arise and let my enemies scatter, in the name of Jesus.
16. Every evil load programmed into my life in the dream, go back to your sender by fire, in the name of Jesus.
17. Every distributor of evil load, my life is not your candidate, in the name of Jesus.
18. My head, hear the word of the Lord. Reject every evil load, in the name of Jesus.
19. Thank you heavenly Father for answering my prayers, in the name of Jesus.