This week, we are looking at the message entitled, “When your root is injured.”
Deuteronomy 29:18 says, “Lest there should be among you man, or woman, or family, or tribe, whose heart turneth away this day from the Lord our God, to go and serve the gods of these nations; lest there should be among you a root that beareth gall and wormwood.”
Romans 11:16 says, “For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root be holy, so are the branches.” It means that if the root is dirty or unclean, so the branches will be.
Job 29:17 says, “And I brake the jaws of the wicked, and plucked the spoil out of his teeth.”
There was a certain woman that was worshipping a snake and the snake made her very, very rich. She had an altar in the bedroom where she kept the serpent. She had a house help and other people working with her but none of them knew that she had a serpent in the house. The serpent had a regular feeding time and the woman was a government official. One day, she went out on official assignment and could not meet up with the serpent's meal time. When the serpent became very hungry and did not find food, it crawled out of her bedroom into the sitting room. The woman’s houseboy who did not know about it, killed it, thinking it was an ordinary snake. Immediately the serpent died, the woman who was on official assignment died inside the plane. Her soul was already tied to that serpent and she died as soon as the snake died. But the story did not end there. The woman had three daughters, whose ages were 41, 39, and 36. They all had one strange problem. Anytime they went to bed at night to sleep, they would feel something cold lying beside them. They never could see what this cold thing was until they started praying, and the Lord told them that it was a serpent that stayed with them every night.
The more you pray, the more you discover and the more you discover, the more you recover and the more you recover, the more your progress will manifest. There are some prayers somebody would pray and what he never thought lived in his house would manifest.
WHAT IS A ROOT?
A root connotes many things. It also includes the origin or source of a thing or person. It is the base, anchor, beginning or centre of a thing. Whether a person is born again or not, if his parents give him a good inheritance, he will accept it. Likewise, he can inherit something that is bad. The fact that a person is born again does not remove a bad inheritance unless the person deals with it practically with the tool of his salvation. A student in the university, who has already failed his course before he surrendered his life to Jesus will not automatically pass because he is born again. Salvation gives Christians facility to disgrace any power that wants to disgrace them.
A certain boy had a dream in which he was wearing an academic gown and graduating from the university. He had that dream when he was 6 years old but never realized the dream until thirty years later. He fought for thirty years before he could realize that dream because his root already had an injury.
A certain sister had a very strange sickness and medical science could not help her. She became very thin. Different kinds of tests, including Hiv were carried out on her but they all proved negative. One day, some prayer warriors surrounded her and began to pray and God opened the eyes of one of them, who saw a thin sickly goat tied to a tree. And as they continued the prayer, the face of the goat changed to that of the sister. The goat with the human face then spoke and said, “Help me! My uncle tied me here! Help me! Help me!” That revelation only came after prayers but the sickness had wasted her time, destiny and life for 16 years.
Wickedness can be on the surface and it can be underground. Underground wickedness is the greatest source of sorrow because the foundation or root is the most critical part of a structure. The enemy knows that once the root has a problem the whole of the plant is in trouble. The enemy knows that no matter how attractive the branches, leaves and flowers of a plant is, it cannot stand when the root is sick. The enemy knows that there is a relationship between the root of a life and the destiny of that life because the root includes the foundation of a life.
When the enemy injures the root of a person’s life, many things will go wrong.
SIGNS OF A SICK ROOT
1. Lack of spiritual growth: A person whose root has been injured could be in an environment where everybody is filled with the Holy Spirit but will not receive. He or she will not partake of the blessings.
2. Lack of understanding of oneself: An affected person will not understand what is happening to him or her.
3. Resistance to miracles.
4. Problematic career: No matter how the person struggles, he or she would not make head way.
5. Poor health: The enemy knows that when the health of a person is very poor, there is very little the person can really perform. If Joseph was bed ridden, he would not have been able to interpret any dream in the prison. The infirmity could have prevented him from fulfilling his destiny.
6. Very low resistance to sin: People who have sick root backslide easily. They are quick to rebel against the word of God.
7. Unfruitful spiritual life:
Affected persons never succeed in converting anybody to Christ.
8. Confusion and frustration: This is rampant abroad. You find men who want to become women and women who want to become men. It is a sign that there is problem in the root.
9. Fears and worries: An affected life would be filled with fears and worries. The fear would be so much that sleeping and going out alone would be a problem.
10. Affected persons have bad habits. For example, addiction and obsession of every kind.
11. Inability to resist temptation: Victims of injured root fall easily to any temptation.
12. Failure to receive and flow in the Holy Spirit: They find it difficult to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit and to flow in the power of God.
13. Continuous sorrow and grief: There is no end to sorrow in the lives of those suffering from injured root.
14. Chronic hopelessness: They are always hopeless.
15. Lack of confidence in anybody: They find it hard to trust anyone.
16. Withdrawal from people: They are lone rangers. They do not like to mix with people.
17. Suicide tendency: They always talk about ending it all. They always feel like dying.
18. They feel like walking away to a place nobody knows.
19. Bitterness: People with sick root harbour bitterness and malice in their spirit.
20. A life of struggle. Victims of a sick root have to fight and struggle before they make any small progress. They fight hard to go to school, fight hard to get a job, fight hard to find a spouse, to hire a house etc. They fight hard for every little thing they get.
21. People with sick root are candidates of problem expanders, who find it easy to expand any small problem they have.
22. Progress arrest: An affected person will notice that his progress is arrested. No matter how much the person struggles to move, there will be something resisting him.
23. A person with an injured root is a candidate of star hijackers.
24. A person with a sick root would be followed about by invisible persons. Anything the person does, these invisible persons will be spoiling it.
25. A person with a sick root would be a victim of money swallowers.
26. The person would also be a victim of head manipulators who do all kinds of terrible things against the head. For example, memory loss, inability to concentrate, noises in the ear, mind wandering etc.
27. Poverty: People with injured roots are usually swallowed up by poverty. They always run into debts no matter what business they do.
28. People with sick root are prey to satanic ministers. They go from one prophet to another, both genuine and fake ones, asking for prayer. Whereas, if they would sit down and recover their destiny, they would discover that they are hundred times better than those people they are going to. They become servants of satanic ministers.
29. Harassment by coffin spirits: They are usually pursued by the spirit of death. They see this evil spirit in their dreams and smell death even physically. There are infirmities that are unto death and there is a sleep unto death, these coffin spirits sponsor them.
30. Aimlessness: A person with a sick root would be roaming around not really catching anything from the ocean of life.
31. Vagabond anointing: Such a person would be moving about from place to place. If it is a woman, she could be moving from one husband to another, or a man from one woman to another. The person can be moving from one city to another and from one job to another.
32. Attack by rock spirits: People who come from rocky places need to pray hard about their root.
33. Desert spirits: When a person’s root is injured, desert spirits will move in and dry up everything the person is doing.
34. Evil marks: A sick root stands a person out negatively. Anywhere the person goes there will be problems.
35. Unprofitable load: A person with a sick root would carry evil load. He or she may be unconscious of it.
36. Marital turbulence: Spiritual marriage, whether spirit wife or spirit husband is a sign that there is a problem in the root.
There are some powers in the satanic kingdom called the root workers. They work on the root. Once they have messed up with the root of a person’s life, they do not bother the person too much. The person may be very rich they are not worried because the root of the person is already in their hand, and it is just a matter of time before everything crumbles. The forefathers of many people have seen to it that terrible foundations were laid for everybody in their line. These terrible foundations must be dismantled before they can move forward.
HOW TO DEAL WITH
1. The first thing to do is to carry out personal spiritual mappings. Find out either through talking to the elders or through prayers who were your parents to the third and fourth generation. What names did they bear? Did they bear the names of market days, the names of yam festivals or the names of the god of iron or any oracle? When you were young, did your father use to go out every night to come back very early in the morning? Where was he going? What were their occupations and what activities did they carry out? What are the kinds of gods they worshipped or served? How did they give names to their children? You need to make these enquiries.
2. Bring repentance unto the Lord. Ask for forgiveness for playing into the hands of the enemy.
3. Wage war against the root workers who spoil things. Cause a repair to happen by the power in the blood of Jesus.
Beloved reader, if you have not surrendered your life to Christ, that is, you are not born again, you cannot repair your injured root. Salvation is only through our Lord Jesus Christ. If you want to give your life to Christ, make the following confessions: “Lord Jesus, I come before you today, I surrender my life to you. I know that I am a sinner, forgive my sins and wash me with your precious blood. Take absolute control of my life. Thank you Lord Jesus, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Please take the following prayer points aggressively because the issue at hand is a very serious one.
1. Every root worker of my father’s house, die, in the name of Jesus.
2. Every root worker of my mother’s house, die, in the name of Jesus.
3. The root of my life, receive the touch of fire
by the blood of Jesus, in Jesus' name.
4. Hand of God, arise from heaven and write the obituary of root workers, in the name of Jesus.
5. I shall not pay any ancestral debt, in the name of Jesus.
6. Every serpent and scorpion in my foundation, die, in Jesus’ name.
7. Thou coffin power in my foundation, hear the word of the Lord, die, in the name of Jesus.
8. Every angry power that pursued my parents, my life is not your candidate. Therefore, die, in the name of Jesus.
9. Every power hunting for my star, your time is up, die, in the name of Jesus.
10. Thou power of the emptier, your time is up, die, in Jesus’ name.
11. Every arrow of infirmity of my father’s house, die, in the name of Jesus.
12. Every arrow of delay in the root of my life, die, in the name of Jesus.