John 1:16-17 And of his fullness have all we received, and grace for grace.
17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
There are principally two major covenants in the Bible: the old and the new. The old was between God and the Israelites, the physical descendants of Abraham. While the new covenant was between God and the spiritual Israelites through the blood of Jesus Christ: Those who are born again by the grace and the mercy of God. This is the covenant of covenants. The new covenant is also known as the covenant of grace.
The Ten Commandments of the Mosaic Law is the law of the covenant. When the Israelites came out of Egypt after 430 years of slavery, they had no law, no government and no priesthood.
God gave them the law on the tablet of stone. The terms of the law were that the Israelites should keep them and God would bless them in return. Deuteronomy 28: Hebrews 8:7For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
The law was only meant to point mankind to the only Savior who is capable of saving us from sin. GALATIANS 3:24Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Jeremiah 31:31-34. Vs 33 He declared that He will put His laws in the hearts of men and cause them to walk in His ways. This covenant guarantees the recipient a new spiritual rebirth. He or she receives new life from God that changes his or her person. The covenant of grace is God working from the inside of men causing them to be willing to love Him. It is of inward circumcision. Romans 2:28-29. For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
God is forever seeking covenant relationships because of His love for us. God’s faithfulness is forever demonstrated in His ability to keep His word.
It is against this background and truth that God thought of a way that human kind will be able to receive His blessings and walk in covenant relationship with Him. Hence the giving of Jesus Christ as a promise of a better covenant. Hebrews 8:6. But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
The power backing for the covenant of grace is the blood of Jesus Christ. (Mat 26:28 KJV) For this is my blood of the New Testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
From the Garden of Eden to the Garden in Heaven’s Paradise, the Blood of sacrifice is the constant Testimony of God’s grace. In the same manner that the fallen man was clothed with skins of animals sacrificed by God Himself for the sin of Adam and Eve (Gen 3:21), Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
So the blood of the Lamb was shed to clothe in the righteousness of God every one who will receive His gift. Genesis 22:8, 13. The mystery of grace.
Why the covenant of grace?
1. Man couldn't fulfill the conditions of the law because it was weak in the flesh. Romans 8:1-3, The Mosaic Law was faulty partly because it lacked the grace, and power to make the Israelites perfect. If you fail in one you fail in all. James 2:10. For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
2. Because the appropriate price has to be paid.
Hebrews 2:14-17 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. 16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. 17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
No Blood, No Atonement. Life is in the blood. Apart from shedding of blood (giving of life), there was no atonement. Science is yet to discover and invent the human blood. Leviticus17: 11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul. Because blood contains life, I have given this blood to you to make peace with me on the altar. Blood is needed to make peace with me. GWT
THE COVENANT OF GRACE SPEAKS DIFFERENTLY THAN THE COVENANT OF LAW
Hebrews 12:24. And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaks better things than the blood of Abel
COVENANT OF GRACE SPEAKS
1. My past is forgiven (redeemed). John 19:28-30. And after this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, says, I thirst. Vs. 30: When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar: he said, It is finished. Sin penalty was paid and satisfied in full. Tetelestai: paid in full. It is finished. Leviticus 16:6-10. Read. Hebrews 9:11-14. The blood of Jesus Christ speaks mercy to those who have come to God through Him, and that same blood also testifies against those who do not acknowledge Jesus as Lord and Savior. The blood of Abel cried out for justice and vengeance against Cain his brother. Genesis 4:1-12. The blood of Jesus also speaks vengeance against all his enemies. Is the blood speaking against you or for you? John 3:18 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
GUILT CAN HINDER US FROM SERVING GOD. SATAN USES GUILT. Revelation 12:10-11. (MUST COME TO HIM ON THE BASIS OF THE CROSS-. EPHESIANS 2:8. NOT OF WORKS. NO PROGRESSIVE SALVATION, NO HISTORICAL SALVATION.
It also nullifies contrary covenants you might have entered into it. The consequences of satanically induced covenant are negated. Colossians 2:14-14Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
2. My present is secured: Matthew 27:51. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; The way to God is open. Access is granted to God and to our inheritance. Hebrews 4:16. Genesis 3:7 fig leaves. Mankind trying to buy security. Obstacles removed. Dominion is restored. The curse placed on man is removed. Victorious Living.
The Blood of Christ deals with the issue of man’s separation from God, and faith in His blood infuses divine life for triumph over sin. (Rom 5:9 KJV) Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. The blood as a weapon: The Blood of Christ provides every believer with the necessary provision to defeat Satan. (Rev 12:11 KJV) And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. EXAMPLE: GRACE OF LIMOSINE AT AIRPORT.
3. My future is guaranteed. John 11:25. Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Hebrews 9:27. Hebrews 2:14-17. Death has no more power on you. There is hope beyond the grave. A HAVE THE DOCUMENT TO COME BACK TO THE SAME PLACE I LEFT. EG.EVERYBODY CAME FROM GOD BUT NOT ALL WILL GO BACK TO HIM. TO SPEND ETERNITY WITH GOD.
Walking in the covenant. Be mindful of the covenant. Walk in the awareness of the finished work. Romans 6:1-12. Delivered from religious dogma. Colossians 2:8. See to it that nobody enslaves you with the philosophy and foolish deception, which conform to human traditions and the way the world thinks and acts rather than Christ CEB. James Warren (Jim Jones) People’s Temple: Jonestown Guyana November 18, 1978: 913 dead. Kool aid laced with poisonous substances.
We need to have a resurrected mentality. Romans 8:11, it is about victory, overcoming life, abundant life, dominion and breakthrough
I AM WHAT I AM BY THE GRACE OF GOD. GRACE IS ENABLEMENT AND THE UNCTION TO FUNCTION