By Wade Martin Hughes, Sr. Kyfingers@aol.com
Perhaps we should study the TAKE HEEDS OF THE BIBLE SO WE
MIGHT TAKE HEED TO GOD'S WORD...
TAKE HEED: TO TAKE CARE OF... PAY ATTENTION, LISTEN CLOSELY,
TO TAKE NOTICE, TO GIVE CAREFUL ATTENTION, TO TAKE FOLLOW,
OBEY... TO APPLY MIND AND EFFORT, CONSIDERATION,
THERE ARE 24 TAKE HEEDS IN THE OLD TESTAMENT: NOTES:
1. Genesis 31:24 And God came to Laban the Syrian in a dream by night, and said unto
him, Take heed that thou speak not to Jacob either good or bad.
2. Exodus 10:28 And Pharaoh said unto him, Get thee from me, take heed to thyself,
see my face no more; for in that day thou seest my face thou shalt die.
3. Exodus 19:12 And thou shalt set bounds unto the people round about, saying,
Take heed to yourselves, that ye go not up into the mount, or touch the border of it:
whosoever toucheth the mount shall be surely put to death:
4. Exodus 34:12 Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of
the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee:
5. Numbers 23:12 And he answered and said, Must I not take heed to speak that which
the Lord hath put in my mouth?
6. Deut. 4:9 Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the
things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days
of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons;
7. Deut. 4:15 Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of
similitude on the day that the Lord spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire:
8. Deut. 4:23 Take heed unto yourselves, lest ye forget the covenant of the Lord your God,
which he made with you, and make you a graven image, or the likeness of any thing,
which the Lord thy God hath forbidden thee.
9. Deut. 11:16 Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived, and ye turn aside,
and serve other gods, and worship them;
10. Deut. 12:19 Take heed to thyself that thou forsake not the Levite as long as thou
livest upon the earth.
11. Deut. 12:30 Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that
they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou enquire not after their gods, saying,
How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise.
12. Deut. 27:9 And Moses and the priests the Levites spake unto all Israel, saying,
Take heed, and hearken, O Israel; this day thou art become the people of the Lord thy God.
13. Joshua 23:11 Take good heed therefore unto yourselves, that ye love the Lord your God.
14. 1 Chron. 22:13 Then shalt thou prosper, if thou takest heed to fulfil the statutes and
judgments which the Lord charged Moses with concerning Israel: be strong, and of
good courage; dread not, nor be dismayed.
15. 1 Chron. 28:10 Take heed now; for the Lord hath chosen thee to build an house for the
sanctuary: be strong, and do it.
16. 2 Chron. 19:6 And said to the judges, Take heed what ye do: for ye judge not for man,
but for the Lord, who is with you in the judgment.
7 Wherefore now let the fear of the Lord be upon you; take heed and do it:
for there is no iniquity with the Lord our God, nor respect of persons, nor taking of gifts.
17. 2 Chron. 33:8 Neither will I any more remove the foot of Israel from out of the land which
I have appointed for your fathers; so that they will take heed to do all that I have commanded
them, according to the whole law and the statutes and the ordinances by the hand of Moses.
18. Ezra 4:22 Take heed now that ye fail not to do this: why should damage grow to the
hurt of the kings?
19. Job 36:21 Take heed, regard not iniquity: for this hast thou chosen rather than affliction.
20. Psalm 39:1 To the chief Musician, even to Jeduthun, A Psalm of David. I said, I will take
heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle,
while the wicked is before me.
21. Isaiah 7:4 And say unto him, Take heed, and be quiet; fear not, neither be fainthearted
for the two tails of these smoking firebrands, for the fierce anger of Rezin with Syria, and
of the son of Remaliah.
22. Jeremiah 17:21 Thus saith the Lord; Take heed to yourselves, and bear no burden on
the sabbath day, nor bring it in by the gates of Jerusalem;
23. Hosea 4:10 For they shall eat, and not have enough: they shall commit whoredom, and
shall not increase: because they have left off to take heed to the Lord.
24. Malachi 2:16 For the Lord, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away: for one
covereth violence with his garment, saith the Lord of hosts: therefore take heed to your
spirit, that ye deal not treacherously.
THERE ARE 23 TAKE HEEDS IN THE NEW TESTAMENT... NOTES:
1. Matthew 6:1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them:
otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
2. Matthew 16:6 Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of
the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.
3. Matthew 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you,
That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.
4. Matthew 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man
5. Mark 4:24 And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete,
it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.
6. Mark 8:15 And he charged them, saying, Take heed, beware of the leaven of the
Pharisees, and of the leaven of Herod.
7. Mark 13:5 And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:
8. Mark 13:9 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in
the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings
for my sake, for a testimony against them.
9. Mark 13:23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.
10. Mark 13:33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
11. Luke 8:18 Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given;
and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.
12. Luke 11:35 Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.
13. Luke 12:15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a
man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.
14. Luke 17:3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him;
and if he repent, forgive him.
15. Luke 21:8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come
in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
16. Acts 5:35 And said unto them, Ye men of Israel, take heed to yourselves what
ye intend to do as touching these men.
17. 1 Cor. 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder,
I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how
he buildeth thereupon.
18. 1 Cor. 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
19. Col. 4:17 And say to Archippus, Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received
in the Lord, that thou fulfil it.
20. 1 Tim. 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them:
for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
21. Hebrews 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief,
in departing from the living God.
22. 2 Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that
ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn,
and the day star arise in your hearts:
23. 2 John 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought,
but that we receive a full reward.
His servant, Wade Martin Hughes, Sr. Kyfingers@aol.com
pass it on?