LIBERATION FROM THE POWER OF THE GRAVEYARD SPIRITS
Study Texts: Hosea 13:14
I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes. Hosea 13:14.
- The graveyard is a place where the dead are buried. We have spiritual graveyards where people are buried spiritually by demonic powers and wicked people serving as satanic agents.
- Peoples virtues, glory, destiny can be taken by these wicked powers and buried. When things have been collected and buried, there is trouble unless you understand how to withdraw what has been buried.
- The graveyard has some powers which are behind certain things people call difficult cases, this is because they have not been discovered and demolished.
- Difficult cases are situations where all the secrets behind it are not known. And because of that ignorance, the enemy keeps winning and rejoicing.
- No matter how difficult a problem is, the resurrection power of Jesus can give deliverance and a lasting solution by revealing the problem and totally uprooting them.
- We shall discuss the topic under four sub-headings:
1. The Description of The Graveyard Spirits
2. The Destruction By The Graveyard Spirits
3. The Discovery of The Graveyard Spirits
4. The Deliverance From The Graveyard Spirits
1. The Description Of The Graveyard Spirits: Mark 5: 1-6
Mar 5:1 And they came over to the other side of the sea, to the country of the Gadarenes.
Mar 5:2 And when He had come out of the boat, immediately a man with unclean spirits met Him out of the tombs,
Mar 5:3 who had his dwelling among the tombs. And no one could bind him, no, not with chains
Mar 5:4 because he had often been bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been torn apart by him, and the fetters broken in pieces. Nor could anyone subdue him.
Mar 5:5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains and in the tombs, crying and cutting himself with stones.
Mar 5:6 And when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshiped Him,
- Just as we have physical graveyards, there are spiritual graveyards where good things are buried.
- The spiritual burial will make fulfillment of destiny and life purpose difficult or impossible.
- The grave has power hence the bible refers to the “Power of the grave.” Psalm 49:15. But God will redeem my soul from thepower of the grave; for He will take me
- It is a place of decay, desolation, and being forsaken. Psalm 88:5.
- It is a place of darkness.
- It is a place of defilement, corruption, and pollution.Leviticus 21:11; Numbers 6:6; 9:6-10; 19:11.
- The Devil may not stop you in having good plans and taking good decisions that can move your life forward.
- But he will make efforts to subject your good proposals, plans, purposes, goals to demonic attacks, so that you may never achieve them.
- When they are done with their evil, they start to showcase something about the grave in your dreams as evidence.
- Do not take such things lightly. Deal with the issues immediately. But the good news is that Jesus has commanded the grave to be swallowed up by the power of resurrection.
- The graveyard spirit is an instrument of “embargo”. It puts a stop or a limitation on destinies or good prospects- makes a person spend years on a project without a headway.
- In the graveyard, things decay. You have horrible odours and sights. Things go from bad to worse there. Potentials become relics of their former selves.
- The graveyard spirit signifies the end of glory and the beginning of shame. It is the beginning of hopelessness, helplessness and non-achievement.
- When Lazarus was raised from the dead, he has to be loosed from graveyard clothes, otherwise he will be a living dead person that is good for nothing. John 11: 41 – 44.
Joh 11:41 Then they took away the stone where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up His eyes and said, Father, I thank You that You have heard Me.
Joh 11:42 And I know that You hear Me always, but because of the people who stand by I said it, so that they may believe that You have sent Me.
Joh 11:43 And saying these things, He cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, Here! Outside!
Joh 11:44 And he who had died came out, bound hand and foot with sheets, and his face was bound with graveyard clothes. Jesus said to them, loose him and let him go!
2. The Destruction By The Graveyard Spirits:
i. The spirit of the graveyard can pursue a person right from the mother’s womb. Jeremiah 20:17.
ii. The spirit of the graveyard cripples and binds its victims so that they cannot fulfill their divine purpose. John 11:44.
iii. In the graveyard human beings go back to the dust from which they came.
iv. Virtues, knowledge, wisdom, potentials and other goodness are wasted in the grave. Ecclesiastes 9:10; Isaiah 14:11.
v. The grave have spiritual gates where many things happen. Isaiah 38:10.
- There are demonic powers present at this gate and demonic transactions and decisions take place at the gate of the grave.
- Evil men and women are interested in this gate. There they confer with the graveyard spirits to make wicked decisions, they go there to release afflictions on their victims, and to send evil winds from there to attack their victims.
- Evil winds bring sickness, insanity, paralyses and confusion. It can also blow to destroy businesses, careers, marriages and other good things.
3. The Discovery of The Graveyard Spirits:
i. Seeing dead relatives, friends and neighbor in dreams, especially eating or sleeping or talking with them.
ii. Having dreams of being buried or seeing coffin.
iii. Experiencing constant rejection and isolation
- When something is buried, nothing is seen or heard of it on the surface –person or thing.
iv. Experiencing opposition to help and difficulty in receiving favour.
- No wonder, a lot of people are forgotten where good things are taking place because the virtues in their lives have been buried, hijacked, transferred, polluted, changed etc.
v. Being pursued or bitten by serpents, scorpions, dogs or any dangerous animals that can kill
vi. Getting married to dead persons in the dream or having Your money and other precious things taken by the dead.
vii. When things get finished or destroyed at your turn, and Good things failing in your hands.
viii. When you are a living dead, having Sickness and health problems that defy medicine, having your Business, careers, marriages, killed.
ix. When you are always having thoughts of hopelessness and considering suicide.
x. Experiencing long delays in achieving success in various aspects of lives
4. The Deliverance From Graveyard Spirits:
- You cannot fulfill your destiny when several departments of your life are not spiritually available.
- Deliverance can only come through the resurrection power of Jesus, while you take the following steps:
1. Repent of your sins and accept Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour.
2. Live a sanctified life by walking in obedience to the word of God, and living in righteousness.
3. Recognize the powers of the grave and what they can do by observing your dreams critically and the way your life is progressing.
4. Pray for protection and immunity over your plans by pleading the blood of Jesus at all times. Rev. 12: 11
- The moment you have good prospects, you attract demonic attacks
5. Pray against the Limiting power of the grave with the strength of the Holy Ghost calling on the resurrection power.
- The enemy does not respect anyone. His goal is to kill, to steal and to destroy. John 10:10
- So, either before you were born again or while you are born again, He may have succeeded in keeping your destiny in some kind of coffins.
6. Wage war against this terrible spirit because if you do not stop them, they will stop you. Eph. 6: 10 - 12
- The kingdom suffers violence and the violent takes it by force.
7. Come under the anointing of the Holy Spirit, usually by attending revivals and Holy Ghost power packed meetings. Isaiah 10: 27