John 6:56-69 “Don’t Turn Away”
Consider the warning to those who turn away from God
• Warnings to those who turn away from God 2 Peter 2:20-22 For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them.
• To those who turn from God He warns us of a great separation Isaiah 59:2 But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear.
• To those who turn away He warns us we are greatly deceived Proverbs 14:12 There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.
• To those who continually turning from God He warns us of a time of no more forgiveness Hebrews 10:26 For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
• To Those who turn away He warns us of a death Ezekiel says they will die Ezekiel 33:11 Say to them, As I live, declares the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live; turn back, turn back from your evil ways, for why will you die, O house of Israel?
• To those who turn away from God He warns us of a judgment and he will not spare us 2 Peter 2:4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness to be kept until the judgment;
1. Those that have fallen Away There is great Regret Judas Iscariot
• Then when Judas, who had betrayed Him, saw that He had been condemned, he felt remorse and returned the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, saying, "I have sinned by betraying innocent blood." But they said, "What is that to us? See to that yourself!" And he threw the pieces of silver into the sanctuary and departed; and he went away and hanged himself.
2. Those that fall have great sorrow The rich young ruler the Bible says went away sorrowfully
• Jesus said, “go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me. And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions
3. Those that Turn Away live in Misery for their Eternity
• 4For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell,A putting them into gloomy dungeonsB to be held for judgment;
4. Don’t live in regret, sorrow, and misery, stay true to God. Don’t Turn Away
• Remain in him and He will remain in you
• Patriarchs ate manna and died but if we feed on this bread we will live
• Many disciples said this is a hard saying who can accept it I say let’s accept it
• Jesus said 64Yet there are some of you who do not believe." I say let us Believe
• Jesus said, 66From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him I say let’s follow
• I say like Peter “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God."