1 Song – Surround Us LORD
Overview of Outer Court – Entering the Presence of God
1) CURTAINS (HANGINGS):
• The curtains were made of fine linen, which is symbolic of righteousness.
Revelation 19:8 "And it was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints."
• The curtains which formed the outer court made a barrier to prevent unlawful or unauthorized approach.
• The fine linen curtain encircled the tabernacle which pictured the righteousness that God demands.
• The pillars were used to support and hold up the curtains.
• The pillars therefore are a picture of God's Word presenting to us God's righteousness.
• As we will see the gate points to Jesus the only way to God's righteousness.
• There was only ONE gate
John 10:9 "I am the door; if anyone enter through me, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture." John 14.6
2 Song – I Am a Sheep
3 Song – He Has Made Me Glad
Prayer – Gate and Outer Court of Tabernacle–
This Prayer is moving us into the presence of God with Thanksgiving
Overview of the Brazen Altar Sacrifices of/to God
o Hollow chest of wood overlaid with bronze
o Largest piece of furniture
o All the other pieces of furniture fit inside it
o Four horns one on each corner
o Half way down the side a ledge was placed (Leviticus 9:22)
o Below the ledge was a grating on all sides used to dash sacrificial blood.
o Bronze rings and poles for transport.
• Applications about the Brazen Altar
o The acacia wood speaks of the humanity of Christ
o Brass/bronze represents judgment so, As the brass overlaid the wood, so the judgment of our sins was laid on Jesus' body
o The horns indicate power and the place of sacrifice as well as the place of mercy when one fled to the altar to find refuge if someone was trying to kill them
o It was the place of Sacrifice – It represents Jesus, the Lamb of God; judgment and mercy
4 Song – When I Survey
Prayer – Brazen Altar – LORD’S SUPPER –
• Symbol of Sacrifice of God for us in Jesus
• Provision for Salvation
• The Transforming Power of God to make us New Creatures in Jesus
• Pray for Bread
• Pray for Fruit of the Vine
5 Song – The Church’s One Foundation
Prayer and Contribution –
• Symbol of our sacrifice to God
• Pray for Contribution
6. Song – Take My Life and Let it Be
Gene’s Little Friends
Jesus Loves Me – Dismiss to Children’s Bible Hour
Overview of Laver – Cleansing of God
• Unknown dimensions
• Represents cleansing and sanctification before the Priests could enter the Holy Place
• Priests had Blood on their hands because of the sacrifices – we have the blood of Jesus on our hands
Matthew 27.24-25 24 So when Pilate saw that he was gaining nothing, but rather that a riot was beginning, he took water and washed his hands before the crowd, saying, “I am innocent of this man's blood; see to it yourselves.” 25 And all the people answered, “His blood be on us and on our children!”
• We are to be born of water and the Spirit as we enter the presence of God
7. Song – Just As I Am
Prayer— Laver –
Prayer of Repentance
Prayer for the cleansing and sanctifying of God
Prayer to offer our whole selves to God – Love him with heart, souls, and might (Deuteronomy 6.5)
Overview of Menorah and Table of Showbread – the Special Presence of God Perry Greene
Menorah – Light of God’s word; Jesus as Light; US as Light; Wisdom; understanding
• The Menorah was made from one piece of gold (God) with 7 lamps to burn olive oil
• It gave light within the Holy Place
• It is a representation of the Holy Spirit and Jesus as Light of the world
• It shines light on the Table of Showbread and the altar of incense
Table of Showbread –
• Made of Acacia overlaid with gold – Jesus the God-Man
• Bread of Life – the 12 loaves fed hundreds of priests according to tradition
• Word of God – Deuteronomy 8.3; Matthew 4
Prayer for Presence of God’s Spirit in the Menorah; and His Son in the Showbread Perry Greene
Overview of Altar of Incense
• Made of acacia wood and gold – again Jesus as our Intercessor
• We can also think of our prayers at the altar – Priests occupied this place and prayed – Revelation 5.8 When He had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
8. Song – Light the Fire
[Prayer Warrior Cards
Prayer – Altar of Incense [Shepherd’s Prayer –
Prayers of intercession and adoration
Overview of the Ark of the Covenant and Mercy; Ultimate Presence of God Seat Perry Greene
• The Holy of Holies was God's dwelling place among His people
• Within the Holy of Holies were the Ark of the Covenant and the Mercy Seat
• High Priest entered annually to make atonement for his sins and the sins of the nation
• The ark held the Ten Commandments; Aaron’s rod that budded; and Manna
• Angels looked down on the 10 Commandments – we are dead b/c we cannot keep the Law; But the HP sprinkles blood on the Mercy Seat for our life in Forgiveness
• Acacia overlaid with Gold – a representation of the person of Jesus
• Mercy seat of gold on top with cherubim on opposite ends – considered throne of God
• The place on Yom Kippur for receiving Mercy
• Jesus went ONCE FOR ALL and sprinkled his blood in the heavenly (Hebrews 9.12)
• Empty Tomb angels – John 20.11-12 11 But Mary stood weeping outside the tomb, and as she wept she stooped to look into the tomb. 12 And she saw two angels in white, sitting where the body of Jesus had lain, one at the head and one at the feet.
9. Song – Highest Place
• Prayer of bold praise Hebrews 4.16 16 Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
• Prayer of intercession as priests
10. Song – I Stand Amazed
Scripture and Closing Prayer –
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
11. Song – Our God, He Is Alive