WHAT A GREAT GOD
I TIM 6:13-16
I Want you to think about a time when God came through for you in your life. A time when you didn’t know how things would work out. A time when all you could see was the storm but then breaking through the clouds you saw the hand of God as He did a work in your life.
Realizing God’s Omniscience-That He knows all things-helps us to have greater faith. Today I want us to look at some of the Characteristics that Paul used to describe Christ. Let’s worship in them.
I. HE IS THE GIVER OF LIFE.---QUICKENETH ALL THINGS
A) Quicken means to bring something to life.
B) World, plants, animals, humans……All things were made by Him. John 1:1-4
1) Made by Him……I believe in a literal 6 day creation
2) Made for Him……All things were made for the purpose of bringing glory to God.
C) Not only was physical life made by God but also Spiritual life.
1) God made man in His image. Man sin and sin passed upon all people.
2) When we are born, we are born dying physically and dead spiritually. Romans 5:8-10
II. HE SET THE EXAMPLE FOR LIVING.
A) Had a good confession before Pilate.
1) Confession of what one believes--- This is not a confession of sin.
2) Jesus, even in the face of death, torture, and unfair treatment, left a good witness.
B) Keep this commandment----includes everything taught in I Tim.
1) Specific context is speaking of our priorities and witness before others.
2) We are to keep it pure until the coming of the Lord.
Joke: Preacher seeking to learn about prayer..going to hermit "Jacob" ….Jacob almost drowns him…When you want to learn about prayer as much as you want to breath, you will be ready.
III. HE IS TO BE WORSHIPED.
A) Blessed and ONLY Potentate (Royal minister of great authority), King of kings, and Lord of lords.
B) Immortality----the only one to die and rise again in a glorified body…..(First fruits of what we can look forward to as a child of God.)
C) Holiness----Complete perfection-No spot, no blemish, no weakness. His light is a brightness that cannot be seen by human eyes. Exodus 34:29-30 Moses had broken the first set of tablets and gone back up to the mountain. He was there with God for 40 days and 40 nights. He didn’t even see the full glory of God yet his own face glowed so brightly that others were afraid to approach.
Concl: A God this great deserves our very best. He deserves to be number one in our life. He wants to be our Savior and Lord. He wants to sit on the throne of our life.