Prayer – Prayer – Prayer Romans 12:1-12
· What is more important Giving or Praying? The answer is praying because when we pray we will give.
· How could we ever go to school and take our test, yet never read or meditates? Lives test ate much harder then any schoolbook test.
· God is calling us to a season of prayer. Their will be giants, there will be enemies surrounding us and if we don’t turn our hearts to meditating on the Lord we will not see the fruit of our reward.
· There is a price to pay for greatness. No one wants to be a loser. No one grows up wanting to be a failure. The sprinter practices and runs sprints with weights around his ankles. The distance runner learns to push themselves to the limit. Even to the point of throwing up or passing out.
· Many of us are over weight, (A Little). Our body doesn’t look like it use to. We become thicker and thicker and dream of being thinner yet we eat chocolate cake and milkshakes and take naps instead of exercising. Why? Because we are not willing to pay the price.
· On our trip to Seoul Korea last September we were blown away by the success of churches and the victory they had. It didn’t take long to realize the reason was 6:30 AM prayer meetings; weekly prayer groups and constant meditation on God.
· I’m not talking to everyone today. I’m talking to the group that has never settled for average. The competitive group. The group that likes winning and hates losing. The group that’s hard working and not afraid to sweat. Who loves the challenge of working their why to the top. Who don’t settle for minimum wage. Who have a drive in them to be the best they can be.
· My job is to equip you to be a soul-winner. A constant example of consistency to everyone around us.
· God never called anyone to mediocrity. He has not called us to be wishy-washy- having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof.
· If you ever feel like you don’t need challenged and you are comfortable where you are- Honey you are in trouble.
· There should be a drive in you that hunger for more. I love what I feel but I know there has to be more out there.
· If I could just get about 30-40 people who hunger for God like Popeye for his spin age – our a druggy for his drugs – Or as some hunger for video games, or ballgames, or shopping. We could turn this world upside down.
· Prayer is knowledge, understanding.
· Isaiah 56:7 for mine house shall be called an house of prayer.
· In the Gospels Jesus drove the money changers who were selling sacrifices in the Temple he quoted Isaiah 56:7 He said, “You have made it a den of thieves.
· God has shown me that the 21st Century Church has turned prayer from a time of meditation and praise to God – into a quick one night stand – Don’t call me I’ll call you. Wham-Bam Thank You Man! Give men Give me Give me! And that is the way the world is today.
· I’ve heard me dad say, God will soon have to repent to Sodom and Gomorra if America isn’t judged soon.
· He Promised in II Chronicles 7:14, If my people who are called by my name shall humble themselves and pray….and pray….and pray.
· We hear of the promises of God, “Not by might, nor by power but by my Spirit saith the Lord. His Spirit will not come unless there is prayer until tears fall and lives change.
· When Pentecost came, Acts 1:14 they all continued in prayer and supplication and then the Holy Ghost fell.
I. In Mark 9 a man brought his lunatic son to the Jesus because the Disciples could not cure him and after Jesus healed the young man Mark 9
28 And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out?
29 And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.
· If you can’t get victory. If you can’t stay faithful. If you can’t overcome your sinful habits it is only because these things only goeth by fasting and prayer.
· Our world has turned into a quick fix- play the lottery and become an instant millionaire and all our problems will be over. There are to many setting around daydreaming about how they would spend their money that they’ll never get instead of meditating on God.
22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
4 I thank my God, making mention of thee always in my prayers,
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
1 Peter 3
12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.