Before I even begin preaching this morning I just want to say:
There has never been a time that this verse has been so crucial as to our generation today!
We are in the last days...and alot of the reason we even are still here today in this country is because we have not turned our backs on Israel!
But more than that this morning I want us to see that it always has been and always will be God’s will for us to have healthy, vibrant, praying families!
The Redeeming River Church is a family of believers committed to preaching the cross with conviction, reaching the lost with compassion, and equipping the saints with the Word!
Vision- The formation of a mental image of something that is not present to the senses.
The Word tells us in Proverbs 29:18 “Where there is no vision, the people perish”. Therefore, we know that where there is a God breathed vision the people have life. It is because of God’s specific plan for us that we can clearly see where we are going.
7 We Will Be’s
We will be a life giving church whose waters flow from the River of God through all cultures and generations!
We will be a life sustaining church where the heartbeat of God will keep our families spiritually healthy.
We will be a life birthing church where new ministries are conceived, delivered, nurtured, and sent out.
We will be a people of faith and expectancy who are not moved by what we see, but stand in the God who we know!
We will be a people of devotion who are committed to the work of the Lord through the local church!
We will be a people of worship who honor the Lord for who He is and not what He will do for us!
We will be a growing church whose walls will not contain us!
I. WE NEED THE HEARTBEAT OF GOD
A. DAVID HAD THE HEARTBEAT OF GOD
1. Acts 13:22
22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.
2. Psalm 62:5-7
5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.
6 He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.
7 In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
B. JESUS IS THE HEARTBEAT OF GOD
1. When you have a heartbeat you know that the heart is working
2. When Jesus came and died on the cross we know that the heart was working
3. The Father did not have to create us
4. He did not have to mold us into His image
5. He did not have to make a way after we fell
6. He did not have to forgive you after you fell
7. BUT JESUS!
8. We know that our Father loves us because of Jesus!
9. John 1:1 tells us that in the beginning was the Word
10. The Word is The Good News and the Good News is this....GOD WANTS YOU TO BE WITH HIM!
10. God had already planned for your healing before Jesus even was sacrificed
11. Isaiah 53:4-9
4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
C. THE HEARTBEAT IS WHAT SUSTAINS THE BODY
1. God wants you to be healthy!
2. God wants you to feel good!
3. God desires for your families to be healthy!
4. God desires for His house to be a healthy house!
5. But without a heartbeat you are dead
6. Without Jesus you would be spiritually dead
7. Without a strong pulse you cannot do
8. If it were not for the resurrection heartbeat of Jesus when he arose and conquered deat
9. You would not have power to overcome
10. When you are on spiritual bed of affliction you cannot move
11. But its about time somebody gets up out of the bed of affliction and begin to move your spiritual limbs
12. God has called us to be a house that is full of healthy branches
13. The strength of the the branches is the family!
14. It’s about time the church begins to train children to act like Godly children
15. It’s about time the church teaches the teens to be Godly teens
16. It’s about time the church returns to the heartbeat
17. Matthew 21:12-13
12 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,
13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.
18. The heartbeat is Jesus and the stethescope is prayer!
II. SPIRITUAL LIFE SUPPORT
A. GOD ESTABLISHED THE FAMILY
1. Genesis 1:27-28
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
2. Matthew 19:3-6
3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
B. GOD ESTABLISHES AND THE ENEMY ESTABLISHES
1. God said if you eat of the tree in the middle of the garden...you will surely die!
The devil said if you eat of the tree you shall not die!
2. God said to offer up a blood sacrifice
The devil said it’s ok to offer up fruit and vegetables
3. God said it will rain and cover the earth
The devil says it doesn’t rain and never will
4. God said I will bring out a nation that will rule the earth
The devil says I will bring up a world that will rule the nation
5. God said marriage is sacred between a man and a woman
The devil says its ok for a man to be with a man and a woman with a woman
6. God says spare the rod spoil the child
The devil says spoil the child spare the rod
7. God says Thou shalt not murder
The devil says its ok if they are still in the mother’s womb
8. God says that sex is between a husband and a wife
The devil says sex is between whoever and whenever
9. God says that to look at the other sex and lust is sin
The devil says it’s ok if it is on the computer when no one is watching
10. Whatever God says...The devil has a counterfit!
C. OH BUT IN A TIME...
1. When Abortions:
55 million unborn children ar killed everyyear worldwide
150,685 children are killed by abortion every hour
6278 children are aborted every hour
105 children are aborted every minute
In the US that is
1,600,000 per year
4383 per day
183 per hour
3 per minute
We Need A Life Sustaining Church!
2. When Abuse
3 to 4 children die everyday from abuse
Children are killing their parents
Parents are cursing their children
Grown men are going into schoolhouses and killing little innocent children for no reason at all
We Need A Life Sustaining Church!
3. When Divorce
1870’s only 1 out of every 34 marriages ended in divorce
Early 1900’s only 1 out of every 5 marriages ended in divorce
Today 1 out of every 2 marriages end in divorce
Almost a 300% increase in the divorce rate in the last 30 years
50% of all Non Christian marriages end up in divorce
50% of all Christian marriages end up in divorce
50% of all Christian Pastors of all denominations end up in divorce
We Need A Life Sustaining Church!
4. How About Our Children
1,000 unwed teenage girls become mothers
1,106 teenage girls get abortions
4,219 teenagers contract sexually transmitted diseases
500 adolescents begin using drugs
1,000 adolescents begin drinking alcohol
135,000 kids bring guns or other weapons to school
3,610 teens are assaulted; 80 are raped
2,200 teens drop out of high school
6 teens commit suicide
My Friends We HAVE TO HAVE A LIFE SUSTAINING CHURCH!
III. IT’S TIME TO GO TO THE DOCTOR
A. I KNOW A DOCTOR THAT CAN RECREATE YOUR BODY
1. He formed you out of the dust of the ground
2. He made a way of Salvation for you
3. He empowered you with the Holy Ghost
4. He commissioned you
5. How many of you know that He can sustain you
B. HE IS
1. Adonai-Jehovah -- The Lord our Sovereign
2. El-Elyon -- The Lord Most High
3. El-Olam -- The Everlasting God
4. El-Shaddai -- The God Who is Sufficient for the Needs of His People
5. Jehovah-Elohim -- The Eternal Creator
6. Jehovah-Jireh -- The Lord our Provider
7. Jehovah-Nissi -- The Lord our Banner
8. Jehovah-Ropheka -- The Lord our Healer
9. Jehovah-Shalom -- The Lord our Peace
10. Jehovah-Tsidkenu -- The Lord our Righteousness
11. Jehovah-Mekaddishkem -- The Lord our Sanctifier
12. Jehovah-Sabaoth -- The Lord of Hosts
13. Jehovah-Shammah -- The Lord is Present
14. Jehovah-Rohi -- The Lord our Shepherd
15. Jehovah-Hoseenu -- The Lord our Maker
16. Jehovah-Eloheenu -- The Lord our God
C. WE ARE TO BE A HEALTHY VIBRANT CHURCH FULL OF HEALTHY VIBRANT FAMILIES
1. John 16:33
33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
2. We are going to be a church that is not just event oriented but which has:
ministries for children
ministries for youth
ministries for young adults
ministries for senior adults
ministries for single adults
ministries for married folks
affordable schooling to give an alternative to the secular school