Contributing sermons since Sep 15, 2011
Contributed on Aug 7, 2020
Minister and congregation need to fulfill their ministries.
1. True Story Picabo Street, the well-known Olympic gold medalist in the Super G, is much more than a famous skier. In fact, between training on the slopes and traveling around the world to compete, she managed to get an education and earn a degree in nursing. Early in her nursing career, she was ...read more
Contributed on Aug 4, 2020
The LORD's name involves his character and reputation. As we take (on) his name we represent him and determine his influence based on our words and actions.
1. I read that in China when young people would get out of line with public displays of affection they would take the young people to the police station along with their families and the authorities would berate the family for hours over how the incident brought shame on them and how the parents ...read more
Contributed on Aug 3, 2020
Sometimes Jesus speaks in "riddles" and sometimes he takes the direct approach and speaks plainly.
1. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow told the story of a love triangle that involved three friends from the Mayflower called, “The Courtship of Miles Standish.” Their names were John Alden; Miles Standish and Priscilla Mullins. Both men were in love with Priscilla but Miles convinced John to go on his ...read more
Contributed on Jul 31, 2020
We are to worship the LORD and NO substitutes!
1. Exodus 20.3-6 3 “You must not have any other gods except me. 4 “You must not make for yourselves an idol that looks like anything in the sky above or on the earth below or in the water below the land. 5 You must not worship or serve any idol, because I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God. If ...read more
Contributed on Jul 31, 2020
This is the first of the 10 words from the Jewish perspective. ALL things come from and by God.
1. In The Finishing Touch, Chuck Swindoll tells the story of a marketplace in northern India where people brought their wares to trade and sell. One old farmer brought in a whole covey of quail that he caught. He hoped to get the attention of passersby by tying strings to ring that fit loosely ...read more
Newest Sermon Series
Newest Sermon Illustrations
Contributed on Jun 6, 2017
An old farmer plowed hard for many days with an ox and mule yoked together. The ox told the mule that they should play sick and rest. The mule declined saying, “No, we must get the work done for the season is short. But the ox played sick and the farmer brought him hay and corn and made him ...read more
Contributed on Aug 18, 2014
Below is a wonderful poem Audrey Hepburn wrote when asked to share her ’beauty tips.’ It was read at her funeral years later. For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For ...read more
Contributed on Dec 10, 2013
PUSHING THE OUTHOUSE A young boy lived in the country. His family had to use an outhouse, which the young boy hated. It was hot in the summer, cold in the winter, and always smelly. The outhouse was located near the creek so the boy decided that he would push it into the water. After a spring ...read more
Contributed on Dec 2, 2013
"A part of me loved war. Now, please understand, I am a peaceful man, fond of children and animals. And I believe that war should have no place in the affairs of men. But, the comradeship our platoon experienced in that war provides a moving and enduring memory in me. A comrade in war is ...read more
Contributed on Sep 17, 2013
STANDING UP ON THE INSIDE A five year old girl was having one of those trouble-filled days with her mother. It seemed they spent the day arguing back and forth. Finally the mom had enough. "Jenny, go sit in the corner, right now! Don’t get up until I tell you to!" Jenny went to the corner and ...read more