Contributing sermons since Sep 15, 2011
Contributed on Jul 2, 2018
Sometimes we lose sight of the fact that God is generously, lovingly giving to us.
1. When Linda, Laura, and I were living in Huntsville, Alabama we went out to eat one Saturday at a popular BBQ restaurant. We saw a wealthy couple from our congregation come in and be seated. We exchanged pleasantries and went on with our meal. When it came time to pay we found that our church ...read more
Contributed on Jun 25, 2018
God can take even our smallest prayers and turn them into great success as in the case of freeing Peter from Herod's prison.
1. Have you ever prayed and then said, “That will never happen.”? 2. Welcome to the club! Acts 12.1-17 About that time Herod the king laid violent hands on some who belonged to the church. 2 He killed James the brother of John with the sword, 3 and when he saw that it pleased the Jews, he ...read more
Contributed on Jun 19, 2018
This sermon is divided into four shorter parts and interspersed with songs to make the point of how God sings to, with, and through us.
1. Singing is a form of worship. It is throughout the bible and a big deal within Christianity and in Churches of Christ particularly with our a cappella outlook. a. Jewish Tradition says that God sang the world into existence b. There is an entire book of the bible devoted as a songbook – ...read more
Contributed on Jun 13, 2018
The word of God is foundational to every aspect of life. Hearing God speak and knowing his promises give us courage to face whatever is before us. This lesson is to encourage Dads as well as the rest of us to trust the promises of God and have courage.
1. Father’s Day Funnies: • A small boy said, "Father’s Day is just like Mother’s Day, only you don’t spend as much on the gift." Some of you men say, "Gift? What gift?" • "The World According to Dad." These are words that most dads have said at some time or another to their children. - This is ...read more
Contributed on May 29, 2018
Not only did Peter confess Jesus at Caesarea Philippi, Jesus confessed Peter.
1. Matthew 16.13-20 13 Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” 14 And they said, “Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 He said to them, “But who do you ...read more
Newest Sermon Series
Newest Sermon Illustrations
Contributed on Jun 6, 2017
An old farmer plowed hard for many days with an ox and mule yoked together. The ox told the mule that they should play sick and rest. The mule declined saying, “No, we must get the work done for the season is short. But the ox played sick and the farmer brought him hay and corn and made him ...read more
Contributed on Aug 18, 2014
Below is a wonderful poem Audrey Hepburn wrote when asked to share her ’beauty tips.’ It was read at her funeral years later. For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For ...read more
Contributed on Dec 10, 2013
PUSHING THE OUTHOUSE A young boy lived in the country. His family had to use an outhouse, which the young boy hated. It was hot in the summer, cold in the winter, and always smelly. The outhouse was located near the creek so the boy decided that he would push it into the water. After a spring ...read more
Contributed on Dec 2, 2013
"A part of me loved war. Now, please understand, I am a peaceful man, fond of children and animals. And I believe that war should have no place in the affairs of men. But, the comradeship our platoon experienced in that war provides a moving and enduring memory in me. A comrade in war is ...read more
Contributed on Sep 17, 2013
STANDING UP ON THE INSIDE A five year old girl was having one of those trouble-filled days with her mother. It seemed they spent the day arguing back and forth. Finally the mom had enough. "Jenny, go sit in the corner, right now! Don’t get up until I tell you to!" Jenny went to the corner and ...read more