The Hand of the Lord is with us!
1. When we suffer.
2. When we are saved.
3. When we are separated.
4. When we are sent to new places in life.
5. When we spread the gospel.
Evangelism, Gospel, Stephen, Persecuted Church, Hand Of The Lord
The Hand of the Lord:
1. is mighty.
2. is dangerous and deadly against His enemies.
3. empowers His servants.
4. can be heavy to discipline His people.
5. will help His people.
6. will always be with His people today.
Exodus 9:1-4, 1 Peter 5:6-7
Hand Of God, Hand Of The Lord
God works to:
1. enlighten us about what matters (vs. 1-3).
2. encourage our trust in Him (vs. 4-12).
3. enlist our witness for Him (vs. 12-15).
4. establish a life-changing relationship with Him (vs. 16-18).
Evangelism, Holy Spirit, Salvation, Cross, Priorities, All Nations, Angel, Peter And Cornelius
What does it really mean to be a Christian?
1. Relating to the Father’s family.
2. Receiving the Lord's touch.
3. Rising to serve the Savior.
Serving God, Family Of God, Receiving Jesus
1. The first essential is healing (vs. 36-38).
2. The second essential is hanging (vs. 39-40).
3. The third essential is hearing (vs. 40-43).
4. The fourth essential is the Holy Spirit (vs. 44-48).
Evangelism, Holy Spirit, Salvation, Cross, All Nations, Healing By Jesus, Peter And Cornelius
God will grow our church:
1. With the same kind of men (vs. 24-33).
2. With the same methods (vs. 23-24).
3. With the same message (vs. 34-36).
Evangelism, Church Growth, All Nations, Divine Appointments, Peter And Cornelius
The Essential Christian Life:
1. Our going.
2. Our gathering.
3. Our giving.
4. Our God.
5. Our goal.
Evangelism, Giving, Christian Life, Gathering Together
God wants our church to grow!
1. So He stresses that no one is saved without Jesus (vs. 1-2).
2. He seeks to save the lost (vs. 3-8).
3. He stretches us to reach new people (vs. 9-16).
4. He sets-up divine appointments for us (vs. 17-23).
Evangelism, Church Growth, Christian Growth, Divine Appointments, One Way To Heaven, Peter And Cornelius
1. God will give us strength (vs. 19-22).
2. God will give us a strategy (vs. 20-25).
3. God will give us support (vs. 23-30).
4. God will give us success (vs. 31).
Paul, Damascus, Saul Of Tarsus, Strength In Christ, Help Others, Servant Of God, Barnabas And Saul
1. I stop relying on my own righteousness (vs. 1-2).
2. God gets my attention (vs. 3-4).
3. I learn that Jesus is Lord (vs. 4-5).
4. I don’t just get religion; I get a relationship (vs. 4-5).
5. I begin to follow the Lord’s leadership (vs. 6-9).
Paul, Salvation, Saul Of Tarsus, Jesus Is Lord, Damascus Road
We can make a big difference for God!
1. By God’s greatness (vs. 1-5).
2. By God’s grace (vs. 1-5).
3. By God's guidance (vs. 6-12).
4. By our going (vs. 13-18).
Salvation, Guidance, Ananias And Paul, Greatness Of God, Damascus Road, Going For God
The spiritual birth of a new believer is the greatest miracle that can ever happen in anyone’s life! -- So marvel at the miracle:
1. of God’s interest (vs. 26-28).
2. of God’s intricacy (vs. 27-33).
3. of our involvement (vs. 29-37).
Salvation, Gospel, Philip, Ethiopian Eunuch, Spiritual Birth
Here are some of the most important steps along the way:
1: Believe the Bible (vs. 35-37).
2: Start living in obedience to the Lord (vs. 36-38).
3: Take the Gospel wherever we go (vs. 39-40).
4: God reminds us of the rapture (vs. 39-40).
Evangelism, Rapture, Christian Walk, Philip, Ethiopian Eunuch, Ambassadors
How can we carry on the work of God's church today?
1. By preaching God’s Word (vs. 9-13, 25).
2. By the presence of God's Spirit (vs. 14-17).
3. By standing against the poison of sin (vs. 18-23).
4. By praying for the lost (vs. 22-24).
Sin, Gospel, False Teachers, Praying For The Lost, Preaching Gospel, Receiving The Spirit, Laying On Of Hands
1. We need Stephen's courage (vs. 51-53).
2. We need Stephen's commitment (vs. 54-59).
3. We need Stephen's consciousness (vs. 55-56).
4. We need Stephen's character (vs. 59-60).
Death, Heaven, Character, Courage, Stephen, Commitment To Christ, Nearness Of God
1. Trust God to work in the right way (7:54; 57-58; 8:1,3).
2. Remember that our pain is their gain (7:55-56; 59-60).
3. Don't feel guilty about your grief (8:2).
4. Don't bear your burden alone (8:2).
5. Press on for the cause of Christ (8:4).
Grief, Stephen, Trust God, Press On, Comfort In Christ, Death Of Christian
1. Miracles will be multiplied (vs. 4-7).
2. Joy will be justified (vs. 8).
3. Deceit will be defeated (vs. 9-12).
4. Souls will be saved (vs. 12).
Evangelism, Salvation, Gospel, Philip, Joy And Gospel
The Lord will never lose a legal case, so here’s what we should do:
1. Put your name God's witness list.
2. Be persuaded of God's ultimate victory.
3. Pledge your full allegiance to the Lord.
Stephen, Victory Of God, Witness For Christ, Trial Of Stephen, Godless Government
We should follow the footsteps of Joseph.
1. Remember that God is with us.
2. Remain true to God’s standards.
3. Remind people of the Savior.
Joseph, Following God, Stephen, Presence Of God, Christlike Character
1. He sees our struggles (vs. 17-19; 34).
2. He develops us with detours (vs. 20-30; 35-36).
3. He wants to meet us in a miraculous way (vs. 30-33).
4. He has missions in mind for us (vs. 34).
5. He wants to save our souls (vs. 35-37).
Moses, Salvation, Stephen, Meeting God, Detours, God Sees All, Our Mission
This Scripture speaks to us about:
1. Godly wisdom (vs. 1-4).
2. God's world (vs. 4-5).
3. God's Word (vs. 5-7).
4. God's work (vs. 8).
Abraham, Covenant, Circumcision, Following God, Stephen
Five lessons in this Scripture:
1. The courage (vs. 25-32).
2. The conflict (vs. 26-28; 33).
3. The compromise (vs. 34-40).
4. The comfort (vs. 40-41).
5. The commitment (vs. 42).
Persecution, Courage, Gamaliel, Commitment To Christ, Comfort In Christ, David Livingstone
How can we shine for Jesus?
1. Seek to be full of faith (vs. 7-8).
2. Seek to have words of wisdom (vs. 9-11).
3. Seek faithfulness over fairness (vs. 12-14).
4. Seek a radiant relationship with Jesus Christ (vs. 15).
Faith, Persecution, Deacons, Stephen, Wisdom From God, Shine For Jesus
God wants deacons to:
1. help solve problems.
2. help set priorities.
3. serve faithfully.
4. have spiritual abundance.
Priorities, Deacons, Fullness, Problem Solving
The power of God:
1. Overcomes the worst conditions (vs. 12-16).
2. Outrages God's enemies (vs. 17-18).
3. Opens prison doors (vs. 19-25).
4. Obligates us to the highest devotion (vs. 26-29).
Persecution, Government, Power Of God, Healing Miracles, Apostolic Power
When your government is ungodly:
1. Stick together with God's people (vs. 23-24).
2. Seek God's help (vs. 24-31).
3. Speak the truth about Jesus (vs. 31).
Prayer, Church Unity, Prayer General, Persecuted Christian, Witness For Christ
1. God wants us to be united (vs. 32).
2. God wants us to be unselfish (vs. 32b & 34-35).
3. God wants us to be unleashed (vs. 33).
4. God wants us to be uplifting (vs. 36-37).
Boldness, Church Unity, Unselfish, Encourage Others
God shows us that:
1. Satan has a strategy (vs. 1-3).
2. Our integrity is important (vs. 3-4).
3. Our sin is serious (vs. 5-10).
4. We should grow in godly fear (vs. 5 & 11).
5. We must lean on God's leadership (vs. 3-4).
Honesty, Sinfulness, Godly Fear, Church Problems, Integrity Honesty
What should we do when our government is ungodly?
1. Spend more time with our Savior (vs. 13).
2. Always choose God over government (vs. 14-20).
3. Keep speaking about our Savior (vs. 20).
4. Keep giving glory to God (vs. 21-22).
Glory To God, Time With Jesus, Persecuted Christian, Witness For Christ
1. By praying to the Lord (vs. 1).
2. By giving for the Lord (vs. 2-15).
3. By trusting in the Lord (vs. 16).
4. By telling people about the Lord (vs. 12-15;17-26).
Giving, Prayer, Miracles, Trusting God, Witnessing, Prayer General