10. Well, how ’bout that? I’m lost! Looks like we’ll have to stop and ask for directions.
9. You know Pumpkin, now that you’re thirteen, you’ll be ready for unchaperoned car dates. Won’t that be fun?
8. I noticed that all your friends have a certain hostile attitude. I like that.
7. Here’s a credit card and the keys to my new car. GO CRAZY!!
6. What do you mean you wanna play football? Figure skating’s not good enough for you, son?
5. Your mother and I are going away for the weekend. You might want to consider throwing a party.
4. Well, I don’t know what’s wrong with your car. Probably one of those doo-hickey thingies--ya know--that makes it run or something. Just have it towed to a mechanic and pay whatever he asks.
3. No son of mine is going to live under this roof without an earring. Now quit your belly-aching, and let’s go to the mall.
2. Whaddya wanna go and get a job for? I make plenty of money for you to spend.
1. What do I want for my birthday? Aahh, don’t worry about that. It’s no big deal. (Okay, they might say it. But they don’t mean it)
Related Text Illustrations
Contributed by Stephen Fournier on Dec 8, 2000
Contributed by Owen Bourgaize on Oct 28, 2000
Contributed by Jimmy Haile on Jan 14, 2001
Contributed by James Wilson on Nov 23, 2000
Contributed by Paul Fritz on Oct 18, 2000
Too often parents attempts to resolve conflicts ends in a yelling session with their children. Eventually, parents use more powerful threats and children become more hunkered down in their defenses. To think through conflicts one needs the power of the Ho
Contributed by Roger Griffith on Oct 18, 2000
This little girl was possessed by a demon and possessed by merchants. She obviously had a Momma and a Daddy. However, nothing is ever said about them. It seems that they were inconsequential to her life. She didn’t seem to matter to them. Evidently, they